How to Delete your Gmail account – Do you feel like having a new Gmail Account and getting rid of the old one? Read this article thoroughly before you end up deleting your Google account. To delete Gmail account is not the same as deleting your Google account. Read more.
Like I said earlier, there is a BIG difference between deleting Gmail and Google Accounts. When you delete your Gmail account, only your Gmail address and emails are deleted. Once you permanently delete your Gmail account, your Gmail address can not be used by you in the future. No other person can choose the Username or Gmail address you deleted to avoid that person pretending to be you.
Deleting your Google Account is totally a whole different story. Deleting Google account means deleting all your ties with Google. You will no longer have access to Google Drive, YouTube, Google Calendar and all other Google services. Google will no longer recognize you again. Third party account like Facebook that you set up with that Gmail account will also be lost.
To avoid Headaches and regrets, Please ensure to download a back up for all your Data with Google. You can visit Google Help center to learn more about backing up your data before you permanently delete your Google account. See Google support Page for more Info on downloading your Google account Data.
Now that you know what happens when you delete your Gmail or Google account. If you still want to delete your Gmail Account, Please follow the following steps accordingly.
How to Delete Your Gmail Account
- Sign in to your Gmail account. See how to sign in to Gmail account.
- Locate your Account Preference settings. You can do that by visiting https://myaccount.google.com.
- Under Account preference settings, select Delete your Account or Services.
- Select the first delete option, “Delete Products“
- Select Gmail from the delete options. Click on the Trash Can next to Gmail to delete your Gmail account.
- You will now provide another email address. This new Primary mail address must be verified before Google proceeds to deleting your Gmail. After you must have verified the new mail, check your inbox for a Gmail deletion Confirmation mail from Google.There will be a link in the mail.
- To delete Gmail from your Google Account, click on the link
- A Final warning note will be displayed to you. I advice you to carefully go through its content. After reading it and you still want to go ahead and permanently delete your Gmail, then delete.
- To delete, you will have to affirm your choice of deletion once more by checking the I agree box.
- Click on Delete Gmail to permanently delete your Gmail.
- Your Gmail is successfully deleted.
Permanently Delete Your Google Account
If what you want is to get rid of your Google account as a whole. Let me just fill you in on exactly what you are about to do. The following is what will happen if you permanently delete your Google account
- You will have no email address. You can not send nor receive mails again unless you have another email address.
- Other account associated or set up with that Google account will be lost.
- Your Bank account is linked to your Google account. If you delete it, you will need to rectify that with the Bank. Trust me, it is not something you would want to experience if you are not fully prepared.
To be on a safer side, Download your Data before you permanently delete your Google account. If you still wish to delete your Google account, follow this steps
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Go to your Account preference settings
- Click Delete your Account or Services
- Select the second delete option, “Delete Google Account and Data“
- Confirm your action by checking the two boxes. This shows that you still want to have your account deleted after reading the notification.
- Click on Delete Account to have your account deleted.
I Mistakenly Deleted My Google Account
Oops! If you made a mistake and deleted your Google account, Google provides a short amount of time to help you recover your deleted account. Follow the instructions and recover your account before it is too Late.
Please always report back to Us on every article. If you have a question or a remark to make, Use the comment box below. I will surely get back to you in time.
Was This Article Helpful? YES or NO
The post How to Delete Your Gmail Account Permanently – Delete Your Google Account appeared first on FANS GIST.
This post first appeared on Gmail Registration L Gmail Sign Up L Gmail Sign In, please read the originial post: here