#SweetPotatoCutlet is very easy to make and does not require much effort and time, especially on day when we fast. It is one of the easy & quick to prepare healthy evening snack. Sweet Potatoes are low in sodium and are a very good source of fibre, complex carbohydrates, proteins, calcium and vitamins. It make a healthier alternative to potatoes.
- ½ cup soaked sabudana
- 1 big sweet potato
- ¼ cup grated and drained lauki
- 2 tbsp cashew powder
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds – crushed and sprinkle on top
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste (Sendha Namak)
- 2-3 tbsp oil / ghee
- 1-2 tbsp kuttu flour (optional)
- Assemble all the ingredients. Grate lauki and squeeze tightly to remove all the excess water until it feels dry.
- Boil sweet potato. Peel and mash sweet potato in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients (grated and drained lauki, cashew powder, mint leaves, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, Sendha Namak)
- Add sabudana & chopped cilantro and mix it well. This mixture will be on a gooey side.
- Grease your hands and shape it into cutlets.
- Heat and grease a pan or tawa. Add cutlets to it.
- Keep turning occasionally, try using a fork – it’s much easier.
- Serve hot with green chutney and a cup of hot tea.
To stay updated, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Visit our yet another tempting online magazine on Fashion, Lifestyle, Celebrity, Travel, Gossip and many more on InstaMag!