You know what’s crazy? Not the fact that summer is over (tear), but that the weather has flipped completely… this week, it’s supposed to get into the 40s at night for one night here in Minneapolis and I know areas around us are even colder. I love fall, so I’m not complaining, but it’s amazing how quickly that changed!
August was a busy month, with Lots of fun adventures. Some of my favorite moments:
–> Meeting up with my friend Neha for a half marathon…
—> Running marathon #26 in Hurley, WI
—> Spending all the time I can outside, enjoying the lakes, sunsets and everything else nature has to offer
—> trying out something new… goat yoga!
—> Running… lots and lots of running.
—> Competing in my first Beer Mile!
—> Splurging on my favorite summer treat… lemon ice (even in the rain)
—> Hanging with my favorites and meeting Justin Davis!
And of course, lots and lots of running… thanks to ultra training!
152.76 total miles for the month… I’ll take it!
And that makes it 1,220.61 miles for the year! That means I could’ve made it from Minneapolis to Phoenix… no flight needed.
UPDATE ON MY GOALS
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon: I beat my new-old PR set at this year’s Door County Half Marathon and my next half won’t be until the end of October. I’m also thinking about slipping a 5k in there somewhere… but right now is all about that ultra training.
- Try something new every single month: I crushed it with two really unique things this month:
- January: volunteering with the bunnies // skiing through the trees
- February: the snowshoe run that wasn’t
- March: altitude camp with brooks // hiking the sandia crest trail // blood lactate test
- April: hiking interstate park in minnesota // solo trip to boston marathon 2017
- May: neon museum in vegas
- June: visiting lake havasu
- July: wakeboarding // muskie fishing
- August: beer mile // goat yoga
- Read one book a month:
- January: Brady vs. Manning // Swimming Lessons // Lone Wolf
- February: No books
- March: No books
- April: The Husband’s Secret
- May: Lucky You // Big Little Lies
- June: No books
- July: Behind Her Eyes
- August: Lies Beneath
- Strength train at least two times per week: CRUSHED it this month… minus that week in Vegas. But so proud of the progress I’ve made here!
- January = C
- February = C
- March = C
- April = D
- May = B+
- June = C
- July = B+
- August = A
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: I wrote an update on YNAB this month —> see HERE in case you missed it. I have been using this software for just over a year, and I feel like it’s really falling into place now. Check out that age of money growth… yess! If you are interested in YNAB, use my link and you can get a free month!
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
- March = 36 days
- April = 31 days
- May = 26 days
- June = 12 days
- July = 19 days
- August = 26 days
YOUR FAVORITE POSTS
- 5 favorite races you should check out
- Thursday thoughts
- August runfessions
- Less than 30 days: Thoughts on my first ultramarathon
- Thursday thoughts: Every dollar needs a job
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN SEPTEMBER
Spoiler alert: September is already here, so I can tell you a bit about Labor Day weekend! I headed back to WI for some fishing and time with family. We also hit the Portage County Fair in the town next to mine to watch the demolition derby and also go see a cover band that we used to rock out to back in the day.
Such a fun weekend and a great kick off to the month! Next weekend, I have a beer festival in northern MN that should be amazing… and the other big thing on the calendar?
***THE GOLDEN ULTRA***
I cannot believe that this is happening THIS MONTH. It is going to be amazing and epic and I can’t wait. I think my legs are also super excited to get back to marathon training but I have never been to Canada before so I’m super excited about that experience too!
What are you looking forward to this month? What was your favorite part of August?