Fitness often refers to eating right and Exercising right!However, how many of you know about the importance of post workout recovery? It has always been the most overlooked segment of any fitness regimen. Yet, you must understand that it is definitely one of the most significant ones. It is the cool-down phase which should be followed after every exercising chapter. Without that, all your hard-work will end up in vain.
Image credit: Sbahle Mpisane
Moreover, studies revealed that people who go for a decent chapter of post-workout exercises experience less muscle soreness and body-ache. So, it seems to be quite beneficial to spend some more time at the gym after you are done with the workout.
What should you actually do?Just have a look!
1. Do Some Stretching:To go for a cool-down phase after exercising is important and stretching could be one of the best ways. If hopping on the treadmill doesn’t entice you to go for a successful stretching, you can go for a targeted stretching routine. If you do stretching, it will help you build flexibility and mobility. So, it seems to be quite helpful.
2. Drink a Lot of Water:To drink enough water after exercising seems to be quite a fantastic step. However, some people don’t like to do that! Well, you should never do that. Instead, it is smart to drink as much as water as you can.
Water seems to be one of the essential elements in any post-workout routine. You should rehydrate yourself more often. Your body sweats out a lot of its water reserves while exercising. So, after that, it definitely needs to get replenished. Thus, it is quite evident to bring a bottle of water at the gym.
3. Eat Protein:Well, you might have discovered that it is beneficial to eat protein within an hour of exercising. It will begin repairing damaged cells. Yet, you must know that it is not at all critical to maintaining a definite time.
It is a proven fact that your body needs almost 24-36 hours to recover from the workout. So, you should consistently consume protein and essential amino acids in every meal of yours. It should be a vital part of your post-workout episode.
4. Wear Compression Clothing:Compression garments like pants, sleeves and socks are medically directed to wear after doing exercise. It can help in reducing toxins in the muscles, improve circulation and aid recovery. So, you must wear such clothes during the post-workout time to let your body relish these benefits.
5. Go for Foam Rolling:Are you not aware of foam rolling? Well, it is one of the significant ways to recover your body after exercising. Many fitness buffs around you can always be seen to use a roll made up of foam to roll their authority on the floor.
With such a practice, you can work out the kinks and knots that you might have developed in your fatigued muscles while exercising. Moreover, if you want, you can do that even before applying for a rapid warm up.
Foam rolling is, of course, one of the unique parts of the post-workout episode. Yet, you can say it can be one of the most essential approaches indeed!
6. Take a Shower:Apparently, drinking water is important after exercising. However, it is even more evident to make sure that you are taking a shower after that. Also, wear a fresh set of clothes.
It is essential for maintaining a better health and also for the people who are present around you. It will allow you to smell good and your body will even cool down. This step is really important to maintain your normal hygiene.
You must wash your workout clothes to get rid of any growing bacteria.
8. Breathe! Breathe! Breathe!If you hold your breath, it will make workout even harder. So, try to continue breathing. Remember, your body needs extra time to return back again to the resting state after working out.
So, make sure that you are taking care of the fact that how much oxygen you are pumping through your system. Thus, breathe deeply after you are done with exercise. Moreover, make sure that you are breathing deeply until it returns to normal.
8. Drink your Electrolytes:When you exercise, you lose a great amount of sodium and potassium from your body.
Isn’t it?All the sweat that you lose comprises of a lot of such minerals. However, you must remember that these electrolytes are quite necessary to maintain the proper nerve health.
So, how can you replenish them?
Drink a lot of energy drinks which are rich in such minerals. Coconut water seems to be one of the finest fluids which can serve the purpose. So, make sure that you are drinking a glass of coconut water after exercising.
Don’t forget to take the aforementioned post-workout strides to make the best out of your fitness regimen. Let your body take some time to rejuvenate again!