Upon applying for a CIBC credit card either online or in-person, your Credit card would be mailed to the home address you put during registration. For your security, your new credit card is not activated by default, and thus, you’ll need to activate it yourself before it can act for you. This is a security measure taken by most financial institutions around the world to reduce the risk of unauthorized use on your card.
Luckily, the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) has made available a couple of ways customers can activate their new/replacement credit cards at their convenience. These methods include:
- Via the CIBC Online banking platform
- Mobile Banking app
- Through the telephone
How to Activate Your CIBC Credit Card Online
- Head over to the CIBC Online Banking portal here
- Sign in to your credit card account
- Upon accessing your account dashboard, select the “Activate Card” option from the Accounts section
- Simply enter your card number, expiry date, CVV code at the back of your card
- Finally, click on the “Activate Card” button to complete the process
You’ll receive a prompt notification telling you to sign the back of your card, and that your card has been activated. Also, you’ll receive a prompt telling you to expect your PIN in the mail as soon as possible.
Also Read: How to Activate Scotiabank credit card
Congratulations! You can now begin your CIBC credit card to carry out transactions on the go.
How to Activate Your CIBC Credit Card Via the Mobile Banking App
- The CIBC Mobile Banking App® is available at both Google Play and App Store for download
- Next, install & launch the app to proceed
- Sign in to your CIBC credit card account
- From your account dashboard, select the “Activate Card” option from the “My Accounts” section
- Next, enter your card details into the fields shown
- Finally, tap the “Activate Card” icon to activate your CIBC card
Activate Your Card By Phone
You can also activate your CIBC credit card by calling CIBC Credit Card Services at 1 800 465-4653 (for customers in Canada and the U.S.) or 514 861-4653 (for those calling from outside of North America).
The activation process is very quick and straightforward. The customer service agent will help you activate your card upon giving him/her the correct details of your card.
That’s it! You’re now good to go to use your card anywhere. In case you’re wondering how to make payments on your credit card, don’t worry I’ll guide you through the steps below.
Ways to Make Payments on Your CIBC Credit Card
You can make payments to your credit card via CIBC Online Banking, Mobile Banking App, Telephone, or at any CIBC ATM.
Making Payments via CIBC Online Banking
- Register or sign in to your credit card account
- Next, access your dashboard and select the “Pay Bills” option
- Enter your card details when prompted
- Verify your details and the amount
- Finally, authorize your payment
Alternatively, you can also pay your CIBC credit card bill via Telephone Banking by calling 1-800-465-4653. You can also register your card as a payee through your CIBC bank account. All you have to do is to call 1-800-465-2422 to get started
The post Ways to Activate CIBC Credit Card appeared first on BrokeMeNot.