Hello my lovelies,
Valentine’s day is coming soon so today I wanted to share some love back as I have been nominated for the Liebster Award again, this time by Cosmetic Chaos.
Thank you so much my lovely, it is an honour. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Grab a coffee and have a look at her blog, she writes honest Beauty reviews, news and challenges.
Other than the honour of being nominated for the Liebster Award, the main purpose of this is to promote and discover other blogs which personally, I am more than happy to do. I think the beauty and fitness community can be very loving and I am proud to be a part of it. It’s also a great way to learn a little bit more about each other, as each blogger has to answer a few questions that come with the nomination.
The Liebster award rules seem to change every year and also between bloggers. According to the official rules for 2018 you have to:
- Link to The Global Aussie blog in your Liebster Award blog post.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer.
- Comment on The Global Aussie blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award.
However, since Cosmetic Chaos answered and asked 11 questions as well as nomitated 11 people, I will use the same number back.
For more info on the Liebster award and the 2018 rules check out The Global Aussie blog.
Answering the Cosmetic Chaos questions:
Whats your favourite colour?
I love red. Red shoes, red handbags and red lipsticks. I even have a red sofa. Little hints of red here and there add so much warmth and personality. I just love it!
Check out one of my science infused posts: Exploring the red lipstick effect. Does it really attract men?
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I have been asking myself this a lot lately. I live in the UK and have liked it so far but I would like to try out Canada and Australia. Never been to either, just a feeling that I might like them.
What is one of your most unpopular opinions?
Not sure if it is unpopular or an opinion, it’s more of a fact, but our society suffers from chemophobia. As a Dr in Chemistry I had many years of studying, being around, playing and making chemicals and I know that people’s fears are exaggerated. Just the word chemical is directly connected with “something bad” which is not it’s definition at all. In fact, water can be considered a chemical. Chemicals are not the harsh molecules that the media portray, some of them are bad of course, but there are also a lot of good ones without which you wouldn’t have been alive today. Like everything in life, you have to use them right and in the right amounts. Everything in moderation. Post on Chemophobia coming soon.
Name two guilty pleasures.
Nutella crepes and Kinder eggs. Don’t judge I know you are drooling!
What do you want to be if you grow up
Well, I always wanted to be a scientist and I managed to make it happen. I’m unfortunately pretty grown up now but when I grow even older I’d like to further use my science degree to explain science to the public and tie it with every day applications such as beauty and fitness. Wish my blog good luck!
“Don’t let today be a waste of makeup” and “Your mind is healthy when your body is healthy”.
What made you start blogging, and why the topic you blog about?
A couple of things actually.
As a beauty and fitness lover I started out like everyone, reading about the subjects I want to know more about on the internet or in books and magazines. I soon came across a lot of articles with highly cringy content or explanations and I realised that actually there aren’t many scientists writting to the public directtly and a lot of meaning is lost in translation.
I also noticed that many people have opinions on things, like whether a compound is good or bad for you, without having any relevant qualification to say so. For example, beauty bloggers (with no medical or chemical qualification) swearing that a certain chemical will give you cancer etc. As a chemist, I want to write about these subjects, beauty and fitness, and straighten out the science and facts out of lies, promotional traps and lack of education in the matter. I’ve also noticed that being a scientist and therefore thinking analytically, means that I can write very in depth, detailed reviews which a lot of people seem to like.
My blog aims to bridge the gap between science and the public while using the everyday subjects that many of us love, fitness and beauty.
YouTube or Netflix?
Youtube. I just don’t like the Netflix interface. It’s so much easier to navigate around Youtube and there is also a lot more interesting content. For free too!
Post the 7th most recent picture in your phone. No noodies.
It’s actually one of the pictures I posted on my Instagram. Not that unusual, sorry guys but I wanted to answer these questions truthfully. This picture is from my Too Faced Boss Lady Agenda 2018 post.
How did you meet your best friend?
This is a funny one. He came to the lab I was working at to promote some of the science products that his company was selling. I criticised and questioned some of the products, we went out for lunch to talk about it and never looked back. Love you buddy, thanks for being there for me.
How did you find writing out the 11 facts about yourself?
I didn’t do that bit as it doesn’t seem to be part of the official Liebster 2018 rules. But since a big part of this is to tell you more about myself, here’s 11 facts about me and yes it was difficult to come up with these. All are true though.
(1) My favourite colour used to be blue until I received my PhD. Been red ever since.
(2) I am a true science geek and I love computer games.
(3) I have a no makeup-Sunday rule. Well it’s not really a rule I just like to keep atleast one day of the week makeup free, to give my skin and myself a little break.
(4) I love animals.
(5) I don’t have any pets at the moment, which saddens me a lot.
(6) I have so many posts scheduled that I have to keep pushing some of them back. For example, I have been wanting to write about my beauty dresser and how to build one for cheap, for 3 months now but all my posting slots are constantly full.
(7) I never used social media before setting up my blog. I’m just not that much into celebrities etc.
(8) I love coffee and I cannot leave the house without one.
(9) I prefer summer to winter.
(10) If you want me to love you, feed me steak.
(11) I love it when people ask me to write about the ingredients of a product they like or are not sure about. Keep those requests coming please!
I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster award:
1. My medical makeup
2. Beauty Banter
4. A journey of beauty discovery
5.Long Romantic Walks to the Fridge
6. Quick and Fast Fitness
7. Hannah’s Wonderland
8. Kinda puffy
10. New Lune
My questions to the nominees are:
- What did you have for yesterdays lunch?
- Which movie did you watch last?
- Name a food you hate and why?
- What makes your blog different?
- Name your one, only one, holy grail beauty item.
- If you could have one wish what would it be? Spare us the world peace answers, choose something for yourself.
- Dogs or cats and why?
- What was the last embarasing thing that happened to you?
- What is your signature dish to cook?
- Do you have any plants in your house? If not, can you buy a small one and post a picture?
- How do you come up with new blog posts?
Thanks again Cosmetic Chaos for nominating me. I hope you enjoyed this post, learnt a little bit more about me and discovered some interesting blogs from my nominee list.
This article is from www.bonds-of-beauty.com but you can also find me on:
Influenster: Bonds B