Today’s been a day of getting organised. I don’t know what it is about Sunday evenings but I get a little OCD with the cleaning. Fresh sheets, candle lit and warm dinner is like the marker that says “you’ve made it through another week”. Not to say this week has been bad at all, it was definitely an improvement on the last. So with another week gone comes another set of highs and lows. To be honest, you guys already know what to expect so I don’t even know why I bother with these intros half the time, haha. Anyway, let’s go.
- So just before the new year I was sent some wines from Devil’s Staircase, a winery in Central Otago (aka HOME) and they’re so yummy. I got through the last bottle of their Pinot Noir this week and I will definitely be buying more. Their new Blushing is a must-try for you Rosé fans!
- This week I’ve made a conscious effort to keep my days free after work. I’ve been so busy the past couple of months that sometimes it feels like I don’t have time to breathe. Pretty much everyday I’ve come home and had a nap so obviously my body needed it. Now, bring on another 2 hectic months!
- I’ve been watching Sex Education on Netflix non-stop since it came out this week and it’s such a gem. Just an easy watch that’s not cheesy and not too dramatic either. But lame that I’ve also now finished it. Back to Riverdale I go…
- I went to my friend’s birthday house party the other night and f*ck, it’s so good hanging out with people you know won’t judge you. I kind of forget how on edge I can be around people when I don’t feel super comfortable. Anyway, great night with great people – what more can I say?
- I’m just kind of obsessed with Jurlique ‘s Rosewater Balancing Mist. It’s the most refreshing thing for your face first thing in the morning – would 100% recommend. This is not a try-hard sell, it just took me so long to finally try it I’m sad I didn’t open it sooner. AND it smells like roses.
- Music: Honest – Koji. & Abhi//Dijon, Good Plan, Sweetheart – Nova Moura, Logos City Wave – Daramola
- Catching up with Grace, and Abbie before she flew back to Amsterdam. I really miss travel (like A LOT) and talking to these girls reminds me it’s so easy to hop on a flight, anytime in your life. Also, I’ll be back over there this year anyway…
- Crumb Cafe in Grey Lynn makes the best coffee shake thing – the best thing on a hot day.
- Watch the new Frye Fraud doco on Netflix about Frye Festival, it’s so interesting. It’s ridiculous, sad and frustrating all at the same time. It just shows how so many entitled people think they’re above the law.
- Hindsight is the hardest pill to swallow.
- I’m not sure what the f*ck I’m trying to do with my life. Hello, hi, yes my quarter life crisis is still here.
- Everyone is doing their 2009 vs. 2019 and I know very well I still want one specific thing that I remember hoping for back then. Ugh. It’s the one damn thing I can’t make happen alone.
- Why do people message you if they aren’t going to ask you anything? Or make any conversation. Insert this meme here.
Check out my previous Highs and Lows posts here.
The post Highs And Lows Of The Week #47 appeared first on Stolen Inspiration | NEW ZEALAND FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOGGER.