I asked you guys on Instagram to ask me questions on my Tumblr and now I’m going to answer them on my blog – we’re just taking it full circle over here. There were actually a heap of questions so let’s just jump into it.
You asked, I answered.
- Love your photos! Who takes your pictures? A person or do you use a tripod? 🙂
Thanks lovely! It’s a bit of a mix – if I have family or friends around I’ll ask them, otherwise I use a tripod and a remote to shoot my own photos.
- What do you use to edit your photos?
For my blog photos I use Lightroom & Photoshop and VSCOcam for Instagram photos.
- What’s your summer wardrobe essentials and what’s your essentials for transitioning seasons like from summer to autumn? Much love x
I’ve put together some of my favourite wardrobe essentials below. For me in summer it’s all about denim shorts, short dresses and easy to wear tees. For the summer to autumn transition I focus on layers since it can be pretty unpredictable – jackets, sweaters, longer sleeves & longer dresses.
- Do you receive any hate or negativity on your blog or social platforms? And did you experience this when you first started out (in particular from people you know or knew of, i.e. people from your town etc.)? If so, how did you deal with it? X
I’m lucky that I haven’t really experienced too much negativity over the years. I also don’t think many people in my hometown really know about my blog either? I think that might have been an issue if I still lived there throughout school. In general, when I’ve experienced negativity I just chose to ignore it. It’s kind of one of those things you can’t worry about because you shouldn’t live to please others. If it’s your hobby and you enjoy it, fuck what other people think 🙂
- Are you a self-taught photographer/editor or did you study these topics and/or attend courses?
Nope, I’m completely self-taught from shooting to editing 🙂
- What are some of your favourite brands?
I love Zimmermann and Reformation – I’d buy everything from them if I could afford it, haha.
- What was it like living in Sydney? 🙂
Fast paced but a lot of fun. I loved the contrast of the city with the beautiful beaches and I’d definitely recommend giving it a go if you’re thinking about moving there. I’d move back there if the opportunity presented itself.
- Who takes your photos for you? do you every just use a tripod? do you every ask strangers?
Same as what I said above – no strangers though haha, I would be too embarrassed to ask. I did have a lot randoms take photos of me while I was travelling but most of them came up to me and offered so that was easy.
- Tech question here! your blog post ‘April 2017 photo diary’ how did you get the ‘moving photos’. p.s love your blog!
Thanks so much! They’re actually just a boomerangs I saved from Instagram and loaded on my blog, super simple to do.
- Do you find it hard to juggle your blog and work??
I find it quite hard actually. Luckily while travelling and freelancing I have a heap of free time to blog but it’s definitely going to be more difficult once I get a full-time job again. I do love juggling them both though because I’m not very good at sitting still.
- Thoughts on the Balenciaga triple s trainers
I actually really like them but I could never pull them off.
- What do you do for a living?
Currently I’m just freelancing. A bit of Blogging, a bit of social media management. I do want to get another full-time job soon though since I need a little bit of stability in my life.
- Do you have any recommendations for good cafes, shops and/or beaches in Sydney? Planning a trip and hoping to check some cool places out. Any suggestions would be great 🙂
Yes! Ahh so jealous, I love Sydney. Go find Kutti Beach and have lunch at Watson’s Bay. Bronte and Coogee are great spots too. Celsius Coffee Co. for breakfast, Bills for lunch or Harry’s at Bondi then drinks at Bucket List or Ravesis. Shopping at Bondi was my fave because it was close to home and I hated going into the city. The Grounds of Alexandria is great if you’re out in that direction too. There are just so many places but those were my regulars.
- How would you describe your personal style?
A mix of high and low-end and a reflection of my indecision. I just like a bit of everything so my wardrobe is definitely a mix of styles. I think that is what’s fun about fashion though, don’t you think?
- Clothing/accessories on your Wishlist? X
All of these:
- What does an average day look like for you?
I actually just posted a Youtube video of a normal day here, but basically it’s different everyday. At the moment it’s a lot of working on my laptop and a lot of coffee.
- Any upcoming travel plans?
Yes! Nothing is set in stone but definitely a big trip coming up in September – I’m so excited! Probably will go back to Australia sometime soon too.
- Is blogging a full-time job for you?
For now, it’s part of it but I do a bit of this and that freelance as well as blogging. Like I said, I’m not sure whether I’d like to do this full-time. I drive myself crazy being in my own company for too long and I feel like that’s what full-time blogging would be.
- Love your content! Is blogging your current full time job? If so, how did you transition from blogging as a hobby to being able to use it to provide an income?
Thanks so much! For now, it’s part of my job but I mostly want to keep it as a hobby since it’s what I find fun. I’d hate to make it something I had to do rather than want to. I’ve made money from it since the start through different avenues but I think you need to find a way of doing it without selling your soul, so affiliate links is what I like to focus on because they’re not so in your face.
- Where are you based? any plans to move soon? X
Currently based in the South Island of New Zealand but I’ll be moving soon once I decide where I want to live – yay for indecision, haha. I’m tossing up between Auckland and Melbourne x
- What are you fav blogs to read/ who are your fav instagrammers??
I’m going to be honest and say that I really don’t read many blogs often anymore. I’ve always kept up with old favourites like Lisaplace and Brooke Testoni if I’m looking for inspiration. I really like Josefinehj on Instagram for her style & quotes, Matildadjerf and Vivianhoorn. I’ve posted my favourite Instagrammers from time to time on my blog here if you’re looking for more 🙂
- If you could only have one camera lens, which would it be and why?
I’ve been having a lot of fun with my 24-70mm lens at the moment because you can get that interesting, wide-angle distorted look. I think it has a really good range too since it’s a zoom lens, you can shoot portraits and capture wide landscapes. A nifty 50 is always a good choice too and it’s cheap.
- Hey, just wondering, with blogging and vlogging becoming so much more prevalent on social media today, what tips would you give or how do you yourself work to set yourself apart from the rest?
Basically I just do what I want! It’s probably not the kind of tip you want but I think it’s important. So many people make themselves look exactly like everyone else – basic flat lay, outfit shot against white wall etc. and it all starts to look the same on Instagram. Just post what inspires you and people will start to know you for it because it will be uniquely you.
- Any advise for someone from NZ wanting to start a Blog? i.e. any tips 🙂
Just do it! Haha. I swear naming it was the hardest part of my blog, second to consistent posting. My tips are:
- Find something you love because it will drive you to keep posting.
- Don’t follow the crowd. Just do what you want and have fun with it!
- Don’t take it too seriously 🙂
Thanks to everyone who asked me questions via my tumblr, I got so many more than I had expected. It’s always fun to check in with you guys on a more personal level though since it can feel like I’m the only one reading my blog. If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask me on tumblr (you can even ask anonymously).
I hope you’re all enjoying your long weekend! x
The post You Asked, I Answered | Q&A appeared first on Stolen Inspiration | NEW ZEALAND FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOGGER.