Downgrading to early iOS builds is very difficult, if not impossible. Usually, those who want to jailbreak their iPhones have to Downgrade their iOS to a version that has a jailbreak for it.
But there’s good news and bad news for the users that want to downgrade their iPhones. Let’s start with the good news first. You will be able to downgrade to previous iOS 11.x builds, because Apple still signs firmware that can be jailbroken. The bad news is that Apple might stop signing these easy to jailbreak firmware versions and they might force their users to get the latest release.
Now let’s get to downgrading!
Tutorial: Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 to Older Firmware
Before starting the process of downgrading, you must know a few things. If you want to downgrade to an older iOS 11.x firmware to jailbreak the device, you must know that at the moment there is no Cydia support on it. But soon, Electra might feature Cydia support.
With that in mind, after choosing the correct IPSW file for the device you want to downgrade, you must choose an iOS build that is jailbreak-able.
Here are the builds: iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2, iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2, and iOS 11.0.1.
Attention! Create a backup of your files on a location that is safe and secure, like iCloud or iTunes. The downgrade will wipe everything you have on your device!
Let’s start downgrading.
- Download the desired firmware for your device.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your PC/Mac through a Lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- At the top left corner of iTunes there is a little iPhone icon. Click it and select your device from there.
- Click on the Restore iPhone button: If you’re on a PC – Click while holding down the left Shift. If you’re on a Mac – Click while holding down the left Option key.
- You must then select the IPSW file to begin downgrading. The file will be verified by Apple before restoring your device.
And you’re done! You have downgraded to an older iOS 11.x firmware and you can now start jailbreaking your iPhone/iPad.
The post iOS 11.2.2 Downgrade on iPhone and iPad For Jailbreak appeared first on News4C.