University of Edinburgh Jobs – Programme Leader(Professor), UK
University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest University in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The university is deeply embedded in the fabric of the city of Edinburgh, with many of the buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university.
University of Edinburgh invited applications for the position of UK Dementia Research Institute (UKDRI) Programme Leader (Professor) relevant to the area of neurodegeneration, with the ultimate aim of improving human health.
Job Title: UK Dementia Research Institute Programme Leader (Professor)
Job Location: Edinburgh
Educational Qualification: PhD or equivalent. PhD in a scientific discipline relevant to the research agenda of the DRI or equivalent.
Essential: Has been recognised for quality of research by national and/or international awarding bodies.
Desirable: Bringing novel approaches and insights to the field of neurodegeneration research.
Previous work experience required.
- To develop and lead a programme of research within and complementing the portfolio of the UK DRI appropriate to the selected centre.
- To recruit, train, line manage and develop research team members.
- To manage the financial and equipment resources of the programme, including purchasing and managing the effective use of capital equipment.
- To publish the work of the programme in appropriate internationally visible scientific journals and other relevant media.
- To present the results of the research at national and international meetings and conferences.
- To secure and manage external funding from grant-giving bodies and industries to supplement UK DRI programme funding.
- To develop interactions with industry and translate the results of research into useful new approaches or treatments that can be taken up by the appropriate industry, ultimately to improve human health.
- To ensure that any intellectual property is protected according to UK DRI Ltd policy for the benefit of the UK DRI, the UK economy and benefit of patients and carers.
- To contribute to the UK DRI’s engagement with patients and the broader public, in particular to communicate the excitement of research to the public in an accessible way and to help raise the profile of the UK DRI.
- To respond to the UK DRI Board as required by the Director.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply throug online. The application process is quick and easy to follow, and you will receive email confirmation of safe receipt of your application. The online system allows you to submit a CV and other attachments.
- your CV with full publication list
- your motivation for application (200 words)
- a research statement including a half-A4 page vision and objectives and 1.5 pages of your experimental plans
- names of three personal referees
Informal enquires are encouraged in the first instance and should be directed to Professor Giles Hardingham, UK DRI associate director, [email protected]. applications are encouraged well in advance of the formal closing date and will be considered on a rolling basis.
Last Date for Apply: 26th January 2018
The post University of Edinburgh Jobs – Programme Leader(Professor), UK appeared first on PeerScientist Jobs.