You know how when you have a food or meal you like, you have it over and over again? For months I was having the same pancake breakfast until I finally got the urge to change it up.
We have had the same dinner staples every week for the past couple of months – this includes paleo chicken fingers, spiced chicken (yum!), seafood pasta, and homemade sweet pork burgers.
For desserts/baked goods, Chocolate Bliss Macaroon Balls are a frequent request at our house. There is almost always a batch of these in the fridge for when that sweet tooth hits after dinner.
And when I have a few minutes in the kitchen to make a sweet snack, I make these since they are so quick to put together with very little clean up.
Chocolate Bliss Macaroon Balls
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquefied
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place shredded coconut in a food processor and process until it becomes a bit thick
- Add in coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt to the food processor and process until well mixed, about 1-2 minutes
- Using a spoon, slowly add in the maple syrup, stirring in between spoonfuls. Make sure the mixture is coated well with the maple syrup
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls and place balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Chill balls in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to set, then enjoy!
- Store in fridge in an airtight container
from HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES http://ift.tt/2skaQIP