Happy Eid-al adha to all Thomasloadites muslim!
Do not let us forget the reason why we're celebrating this great eid..
1) May the magic of this Eid bring lots of happiness in your life and may you celebrate it with all your close friends & may it fill your heart with wonders. Eid Mubarak
2) May Allah flood your life with happiness on this occasion, your heart with love, your soul with spiritual, your mind with wisdom, wishing you a very Happy Eid.
3) Sending you warm wishes on Eid and wishing that it brings your way ever joys and happiness. Remember me in your prayers.
4) In every shared smile and laughter; In every silent prayer answered; In every opportunity that comes your way – may Allah bless you immensely! Eid Mubarak
5) May Allah bring you joy, happiness, peace and prosperity on this blessed occasion. Wishing you and your family on this happy occasion of Eid! Eid Mubarak!
- What is Eid ul Adha all about?
The celebration of Eid ul-Adha is one of the holiest celebrations in the Islamic religion.
Meaning ‘Feast of the Sacrifice’, Eid ul-Adha lasts four days and the dates of the holy celebration are determined each year by the Islamic lunar calendar.
This celebration is considered even more sacred than Eid al-Fitr which is the breaking of the fast at the end of Ramadan.
Eid ul-Adha will be celebrated worldwide among Muslim communities, Eid al-Fitr and Eid ul-Adha are the only celebrations in the Islamic religion that command such widespread worship and celebration.
The Muslim celebration of Eid ul-Adha honours the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son to show submission to Allah’s command.
Just when Ibrahim was about to kill his son Ishmael upon Allah’s command, God put a sheep in his place.
Muslims use Eid ul-Adha to celebrate Ibrahim’s complete obedience to the will of God and is a reminder of their own willingness to sacrifice anything to follow God.
This holy festival also marks the end of the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
Muslims may take a day off work in the UK to celebrate the religious festival.
People send Eid cards to each other at this time, Muslim people will also dress in their best clothes and attend a prayer service at their Mosque.
Some Muslims will sacrifice a cow, goat or sheep in honour of Eid ul-Adha, however in the UK this is only allowed in a slaughterhouse.
They will eat a meat based meal and divide the meat between family, friends and the poor, Muslims will also give money to charity at this time.