When it rains, it pours and it’s always important to me to have a great versatile outfit especially when visiting the SF Bay Area or any city where the weather constantly changes. I tend to dress depending on how I feel and try to not fit into a specific style. When I travel I do tend to dress more on the Classic side. A few things that define a classic style are clean lines, less print, more solid colors and timeless pieces. To complete an outfit you always want to add 1 visible + 1-2 complimentary accessories to create a cohesive look and here is a breakdown of these categories:
- Visible Accessories: Scarf or Purse
- Complimentary Accessories: Bracelet, Earrings, Watch, Necklace or Rings
Below is a classic look that I tend to wear as its comfy yet chic for a day in the city. These pieces are seamless and can create many more outfits. Listed from left to right the pieces are a:
- Classic Blue Woman’s Chambray Shirt
- NYDJ Stretch Denim Leggings
- Lucky Brand Ankle Booties
- Kate Spade New York Cross Body Bag
- Women’s Marc Jacobs Bracelet Watch
- Tory Burch Stud Earrings
Styling the three main pieces separately:
- Classic Blue Woman’s Chambray Shirt – This shirt can work as an open jacket over a plain tank or throw on a sweater over it to cinch your waist and pop the collar for a more preppy look.
- NYDJ Stretch Denim Leggings – These are great go to leggings as they are comfy and lovely with a long tunic or a high-low top with a classic sweater.
- Lucky Brand Ankle Booties – Rain or shine, ankle boots are amazing as you can wear them with pencil skirts, jeans and/or shorts for that edgy look.
How are you wearing your classic look?
The post How To Create A Classic Casual Look appeared first on Minkerr.