Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Certification for service desk (Troubleshooting methodology)

Hey all!

Interested to get some opinions on this. As mentioned previously, I run a service desk (approx. 18 employees) for a managed service partner. Our primary vertical is healthcare, with approx. 80 percent of our clients in this vertical. The other 20 percent is made up of commercial and education.

My initial certification that I required my staff to get within 90 days of employment WAS the CompTIA HealthcareIT, given our vertical. It was great from a regulatory perspective, but obviously light on tech. That certification has since been retired.

I am looking for alternatives to the A+ as that 'baseline' certification. I was wondering what you all would think a 'slightly-above' entry level certification would be for this kind of situation? From a help desk standpoint, I personally learned a lot from the 70-685 years back, but I don't know if that has an analog these days.

Couple points:
  • Microsoft gold partner, so we deal with a lot of Microsoft shops.
  • 24x7 shop but we have a NOC/Networking/Systems team as well, Service Desk is level one end user.
  • About 40 percent of clients(and rising) are on O365
  • NO deskside support from my organization, all phone.
Assuming that these certifications for my staff are NOT required for our partnership, I am looking for ROI more from a service delivery standpoint and troubleshooting at the level one. I would love for my employees to continue their education on their field of choice, which is also part of the puzzle, but let's assume INDIVIDUAL ROI (from a career standpoint) isn't the first priority.

Any ideas? My first thought looking at curriculum was the *NEW* 98-349 for Microsoft. I know it is an MTA but it focuses on Win 10 now v Win 7.

Any left field suggestions?

-scott


This post first appeared on Recent Blogs Posts - TechExams.net IT Certificatio, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Certification for service desk (Troubleshooting methodology)

×

Subscribe to Recent Blogs Posts - Techexams.net It Certificatio

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×