So, this is the big week, likely the semifinals before your league’s championship. You’ve come this far, take the big risks necessary to secure your spot in the championship.
Now, in regards to my Rankings, there are a few things I want to point out.
1. I am very high on Melvin Gordon this week, like ridiculously high.
If you want, you can read this article about why I like him so much. If not, here is the short version:
- He’s going up against a horrible defense in Miami.
- He’s been getting at least 17 touches per game since the Chargers bye-week, so touches aren’t a problem.
- The Chargers are out of the playoffs and should spend the remaining three games figuring out what they have in their first round pick.
- So, basically, I expect him to get a lot of touches against a bad defense and finally have a breakout game. I’m just going out on a limb with this one.
2. I’m not sure how I feel about DeAngelo Williams this week just yet.
As I mentioned before, in the playoffs, I am going to take risks on players with good matchups. Denver allows a league low 3.3 yards per game and it just may not be worth risking it. The Steelers offense is on fire right now, but Williams did get shut out on the ground against the Seahawks a few weeks back. He did catch seven passes in that game, but I wouldn’t want to count on him having a big receiving day for me to win my matchup.
3. Thursday games and Doug Martin.
Does anyone else just hate it when they have a player going on Thursday? It makes me feel uncomfortable knowing that if he does poorly there’s nothing I can do about it. That’s what makes me nervous about Doug Martin.
St. Louis is just middle-of-the-road against the run, allowing 4.1 yards per carry, but I feel like this is going to be a low-scoring game. Even if that bodes well for Martin; 80 total yards, no scores, and a catch or two isn’t going to cut it. Like I said with Deangelo Williams, I’m all for benching studs in bad matchups for other running backs with better mentions.
Anyway, those are three things at the top of my mind heading into this week. Here are my rankings, let me know what you think.