Many companies struggle to reduce their days-sales-outstanding (DSO) as some customers do not pay their invoices in time. One approach to get customers paying is to personally approach them before just sending out not so pleasant dunning letters. In many cases customers which are short on cash, will prioritize those companies with whom they have positive relationship.
To do so sales needs a joint approach with the financial team to collaborate effectively. SAP Business ByDesign can support this by leveraging the powerful receivables aging analytics and the customer activity management.
- Keep track on receivables aging to identify most critical customers with open payments.
- Proactive management of revenue collection by triggering and monitoring customer facing activities.
- Reduce Days-Sales-Outstanding (DSO) by identifying issues and actively triggering communication and monitoring payment communication centrally.
Here is a demo on how this works in detail:
To setup this process you need to do the following three steps:
1. Configure Activities
- Define a new activity category in the “Activity Categories“ configuration
- Create the new activity category “Payment Management”
- Assign the new category to the activity types
2. Report setup (including defining a restricted key figure)
- Define a new report based on the standard “All activities” data source
- Configure a restricted key figure for “Payment Management” activity category only
- Define the reports views for accounts and employees with the right chart types
3. KPI setup and embedding into overview pages & launchpad
- Define a new KPI in the analytics work center
- Link it to the newly created report and its views to the new KPI
- Embed the KPI into the overview page or the Launchpad