Norton is a world-renowned brand known for providing the best and highly advanced security services and solutions to the customers. The range of different antivirus and security solutions (like Norton Internet Security and Norton Core app) it offers has been tailor-made for consumers and businesses with specific requirements. You can simply install a Norton antivirus on your device (PC or mobile) and ensure its complete protection against all kinds of threats including spyware, malware, Trojan horses and other threats.
The main thing to understand here is that a virus can attack anytime on any device that doesn’t have an antivirus installed on it. Norton keeps this fact in mind and offers you all a wide selection of antivirus solution to protect different aspects, such as browsers, files, and software installed on the device and the most important one, i.e. Network. Network protection is mandatory because any virus attempting to harm your device through the network can affect every device connected to the same network.
To cope with this situation, Norton has brought in Norton Core. This Norton product is a high-performance router with the main purpose of providing endpoint protection to all devices connected to a single network. By using the multi-layer protection, the device ensures that no virus can enter your device through the connected network. Key features of Norton Core include:
- Dual-band support for optimal connection
- High performance and security
- Wave-2 11 ac technology
- Boosts your signal with beam forming
Norton Core also allows you to set up parental controls in order to limit or control the time your child uses the device. It also helps you set up or define the hours for which your child cannot use the device. In case, you have more than one child then you can even set both the limits differently for the individual child. This is possible because with Norton Core Parental Controls can easily monitor or track the activities of a maximum of 25 people. Here is how you can add a new user profile to the Norton Core app parental control:
- Start the Norton Core application and tap the menu icon available at the top-left corner.
- Tap People and the Add.
- Provide your child name along with the profile picture.
- You can choose an existing picture from your gallery or take a new picture using your phone’s camera
- Go to Next.
- Now, tap the age group of your child in the Select a Filter Level Screen.
- Tap Next.
- Once you select the age group, Norton Core will automatically display you the recommended websites that should be blocked for your child.
- Now, choose the total time for which you want your child to access the internet (during weekends and weekdays) under the Set Daily Time Limits.
- You can also modify the time limit whenever you want.
- Tap Next and in the Set Bedtime screen, you can choose the time after which your child will get restricted to use the device.
- In case, your child is using multiple devices, you can apply the time limit setting to every device by choosing multiple devices.
- Tap Next and then review the parental control settings for the users.
- Switch on the Parental Controls setting by sliding it to the right.
- Tap Save.
- It’s done!
After following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps, if the problem still persists, contact Norton.com/setup customer support team.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a strict vigil over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the precise and useful information to the users that further help them in troubleshooting or fixing the minor or major issues.
The post How to Add a New User Profile to Norton Core Parental Controls? appeared first on norton.com/setup.