Christmas season gives a lot of reason for everyone to prepare their favourite delicacies. Ther are cakes, cookies, chocolates although meat is the centre of attraction for Christmas dinner. A lot of meat dishes are prepared to savour. Chicken recipes are the king of traditions, these chicken recipes are the centrepieces of traditional dinner. People cook a lot of traditional dishes on Christmas whose recipes have been passed down to generations to generations. In western culture, it is the turkey that is loved by people on Christmas while here in India it is Chicken.
Taking advantage of this lovely opportunity, let's discuss Chicken recipes for a starter that will uplift the essence of your Christmas dinner. The opener to your Christmas dinner will set the tone for your meal, so make sure that your starters are delicious and mouth-watering. Christmas brings lots of other things with it jamming your schedule pack, where you are left with little time. People want dishes that will be easy to prepare and that would go with the festive mood. So here we bring you some exquisite chicken starter recipes.
The most loved chicken starter loved by everyone is Chicken Tandoori. It Is not that difficult as it sounds. Let's see how to make Chicken Tandoori at home.
Chicken – 500 gms
- Curd/ yoghurt – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium sized.
- Lime juice – half tablespoon
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Ginger – half inch
- Green chilli – 2
- Garam masala – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Salt – As per taste
- Red food colour + Orange food colour – few large drops.
- Baking tray
- Aluminium Foil
- Wash the chicken thoroughly. Let the water drain completely. Place the chicken on a large plate. Poke the chicken with folk or make slits deep enough for marination to reach. This will make it easy for marination to reach.
- Take a bowl, squeeze the juice of half lemon and add some salt to it. Let the salt dissolve in lemon juice. Now take a chicken piece, take some lemon juice and rub the juice in chicken from both the sides. You can rub this juice with your hands or with a brush. Make sure the juice goes inside the pokes you made with a fork or if you have made slit rub this juice inside the slit. Repeat this process on every chicken piece. Keep this in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now take the blender, add curd, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chilli, sliced onion and some salt. Now grind all these to make a smooth paste. Make sure there are no chunks left in paste it should be smooth.
- Take out the chicken from refrigerator. Take few large drops of red food colour and rub it on the chicken, make sure to cover it from all sides with the colour.
- Take a big bowl and pour the marination in it add the chicken pieces too. Take one chicken piece at a time and rub the marination on both the sides and in the slit too. Repeat this for every piece. Now let this chicken set for good 6-10 hours, during this time the taste of all spices from marination will dive in chicken. The longer you keep the tastier it will come out.
- After marinating it for 6-10 hours, take it out of the refrigerator. Preheat your oven to 55of. Line your aluminium foil generously on your baking tray. Place the chicken pieces on the tray. Place the tray in the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes. Take out the tray again brush the marinade on chicken and let it bake for another 10 minutes. Let the juices run out.
- Once it is done take out the tray. Your delicious tandoori chicken is ready. Serve it hot with mint chutney.
- Chicken – 1 lbs
- Fenugreek or dried methi leaves – 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste ½ tbsp
- Lemon – 1 tbsp
- yoghurt - ½ cup
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tbsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tbsp
- Red pepper powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash chicken and pat it dry with paper towel.
- Take all the above ingredients and mix it in a bowl.
- Take this mixture and pour it on chicken pieces and rub this marination on all sides.
- Keep this in the refrigerator for good 3-4 hours or for best result keep it overnight.
- Bake this chicken in the oven for 400f for about 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy your chicken with chutney of your choice.
The taste of food also depends upon the quality of chicken you take. Here with chikmeat, we can assure you that you get the juiciest chicken. Make your Christmas extra Merry with Chikmeat.
- Boneless chicken – 500 grams
- Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Ginger - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 7-8 leaves
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice or vinegar – 4 tbsp
- Maida – 4 tbsp
- Rice flour - 4tbsp
- Red food colour a pinch
- Oil to deep fry.
- Grind garlic, ginger, curry leaves and all other spices in a blender and make a rough paste.
- Take the puree in a bowl and mix with the chicken.
- Let the marination set for 2-3 hours.
- Deep Fry the marinated chicken till crisp.
Serve with a side salad (tomato, onion, cucumber).
1 Skinless chicken breast around 12 0z
2 Tbsp olive oil for grilling.
- Oil - 1 ½ tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 ½ tbsp
- Paprika - ½ - 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin - ½ tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Salt – ¼ tbsp
- Parsley – 1 tbsp finely chopped.
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Make a paste of all the marinade ingredients in the blender.
- Apply the marination on chicken pieces and skew them.
- Fire up your grill. Grill your chicken pieces until cook.
- While cooking, keep applying olive oil on the chicken.
- Serve hot.
- Chicken kheema – 2 cups
- Garlic paste – ½ tbsp
- Ginger paste – ½ tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Chopped fenugreek leaves – 2tbsp
- Powdered black pepper – ¼ tbsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped green chilli – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1.5 tbsp
- Oil to brush.
- Cover and marinate the chicken with the paste for about 2 hours.
- Before 25 minutes of serving, shape the meat mixture in long tubes around the skewers and place the kebabs on the grill.
- It takes around 10-15 minutes to cook.
- Brush them with oil and cook it for around 2 minutes more.
- Garnish with chat masala and lemon.
- Serve with green chutney.
This post first appeared on 5 Quick And Easy Fish Dishes That You Can Prepare Instantly, please read the originial post: here