Who is loving the weather? I'm not even going to lie, I am NOT!... but i do have some survival tips to get through the season. I put together some beauty essentials for the harmattan season cause you all know how this weather can be merciless to our skin even if you have the oiliest skin on the planet, it still needs to be taken care of. So here goes my tips and season essentials.
1. Lip balm- Like this is a no brainer! Please do not use saliva to suck on your lips to prevent dryness, it will only make it drier and cause it to crack. Use an intense lip balm that will last for hours.
2. Moisturiser- I use the body shop Brazil nut body butter but i would recommend using the coconut body butter or the cocoa butter body butter. b-b-b-b-b-b- too many b's everywhere. you can also use shea butter but it will take a while for it to absorb into the skin. Keep your skin moistured everytime. Remember this is the time one gets easily injured. So avoid that by making sure you keep your skin moisturised.
3. Coconut oil- I mix coconut oil with the moisturizer i mentioned above and apply because coconut oil gives a nice light sheen to the skin and also absorbs into the skin well. this wont let dust stick to your skin. unlike Vaseline
4. Ankle Socks- This is to make sure you don't have cracked heels this season. After you shower
apply coconut oil to the soles of your feet and wear your stockings to bed.
5. Eye drops - I'm sure you're wondering how is that necessary.. but darlings, trust me, if you wake up in the morning and notice your eyes feel dry, its the weather that's causing it. Another reason to use eye drops is because there is so much dust in the air so it will be very necessary to use the eye drops to wash away any stray dirt or dust and keep your eyes moist. P.S Consult your doctor before usage.
6. Sun glasses- If you feel there is no need for the eye drops, you may use sunglasses. its very important that we don't get dust in our eyes.
7. Soft Comfy Scarf- I'm sure you guys can relate with the cold in the morning. Especially before you have your bath. Its going to remain like that even after you shower and are ready to leave the house. try using a warm scarf around your neck to keep you warm at least till noon when the weather will change its mind to become hotter. This wont only keep you warm but you'll be making a fashion statement.
8.Water- This is very essential because we need the water to keep our skin hydrated. You will need lots and lots of it to prevent flaky skin.
9. Wear hydrating foundation- I know we always want our skin to stay matte but try once in a while using a hydrating foundation to prevent dryness.
Tip: Mix your foundation with your moisturiser. This wont dry you out and give you cracked under eye lines or cracked smile lines.
I hope you guys enjoyed this tips. Have a smooth season. Thanks for reading.
I love you for reading.