Today I went on a 5 mile run while my husband took care of my girls and cut up fruit for our mother’s day/birthday celebration. It was a beautiful day and I noticed all the sights and sounds surrounding me. I saw a White Squirrel, ran by the beautiful lake and felt peaceful running through a really small cemetery by the lake. I’ve read that Practicing Gratitude can really improve your health and it’s so true! According to an article on Forbes, there are 7 scientifically proven benefits of gratitude. Some of them include:
- Improved physical and psychological health
- Better sleep and self-esteem
- Better mental strength
- And more!
So lately I’ve been naturally just trying to think about what I’m Grateful for and share it with others on social media or by telling them and it’s really helping me to be a super happy, thankful, well-rounded person. Try it, what are you grateful for today? Tell someone, write it down, like I’m going to below. This is what I was thankful for today!
- The white squirrel I saw dart across me on the street on my run
- Running by the lake, on all the secret roads
- Maggie’s beautiful card and sign she made for mother’s day
- Savannah’s lovely beaded necklace and beaded zebra I got for mother’s day
- My mother’s day card from Kevin and the girls
- My husband Kevin helping with everything so I could run
- A really pretty rustic tin barn I ran by
- Running in a peaceful cemetery
- Having really great food for dinner and lunch
- Seeing friendly faces in the neighborhood and on the boat
- Getting my dog Goldie back from my mom’s, missed her!
- My awesome mom on mother’s day
- Seeing my dad and sharing my healthy cookbook with him
- My awesome in-laws, brother, sister and law and nephews
- Being a mom to 2 really great girls!
- Being given the opportunity to be healthy, happy and feeling great!
- And more, I could go on and on
Anyhow, I feel great after writing that all down and sharing it with you all! Try it for yourself, comment below and tell me what you are grateful for today!