Travel To The Surprising Island Sri Lanka Blog
If you are searching for your dream holiday then this place is going to give you the moments which are going to last in the upcoming years as this island is rich and packed with beautiful beaches, high mountains (over 2000 m), tropical forest and lots of wild animals like elephants, leopards, sea turtles, dolphins and whales.
As surrounded with the golden sandy beaches, Sri Lanka looks outlined in white from the space or top view which actually looks pretty cool. This island is great for some famous water sport like snorkelling, kiting and surfing etc.
If you are into Sri Lanka the you will be gifted by the lush green tea fields of the hill country through to the much warmer and supremely peaceful beaches of the south with old forts, wildlife safaris and rich traditions, culture, so don’t underestimate how much time you need to explore the country formerly known as Ceylon.
Attractions in Sri Lanka
1. Empty beaches on the coast
2. Wildlife Safaris
3. Exploring Tea Fields
4. Visit Adams Peak
5. Ancient Polonnaruwa
6. Golden Temple of Dambulla
7. Historic Anuradhapura
8. Old Town Galle
9. City of Kandy
10. Sinharaja Forest
11. Minneriya Elephant migration
By Air: Sri Lanka’s only airport, Bandaranaike International Airport, is located in its capital city, Colombo. It’s about 35 kilometres north of the main city centre and usually takes an hour by road. Flights to and from Sri Lanka connect it to most countries in Asia, Australia and the Middle East. While Sri Lankan Airlines is the country’s national carrier, the budget airline Mihin Lanka operates flights from Central Asia and India.
By Road: The common modes of transport found in Colombo and other tourist citiesare Private and radio taxis and three-wheeler tuk tuks. There’s also a network of public buses run by the Sri Lanka Transport Board. Both public and deluxe private buses are available for intercity travel. The Central Bus Stand in Colombo serves as the hub for connectivity.
By Train: All rail services in Sri Lanka are operated by Sri Lanka Railways. You will find three main railway lines that connect to the north, east and south of the country from Colombo. It may be a relatively inexpensive mode of travel and a great way to see the country’s diverse landscape, trains are usually crowded and are delayed frequently.
Here is a list of prices to help you get an idea of costs in Sri Lanka:
• Airport taxi – 2,500 rupees
• National Museum in Colombo – 600 rupees
• Jaffna to Anuradhapura Train – 340 rupees
• Bottle of water – 60 rupees
• Bus from Anuradhapura to Dambulla – 340 rupees
• Tuk-tuk from Dambulla to Sigiriya – 1,000 rupees
• Kottu chicken (and water) – 370 rupees
• Lunch 2 – 500 rupees
• Tuk-tuk – 200 rupees
• Dambulla to Kandy(Bus) – 98 rupees
• Hostel in Kandy – 600 rupees
• Temple of the Tooth in Kandy – 1000 rupees
• Dinner in Kandy(Dosai) – 200 rupees
• Train to Nuwara Eliya, second class – 160 rupees
• Beer – 500 rupees
• Bus to Tissamaharama (Tissa) – 240 rupees
• Bus to Galle – 307
• Western lunch in Galle (burger and fries) – 1,200 rupees
Where to Stay:
Here are some of the recommended places to stay according to the best budget:
1. Ocean Studios Apartments, Colombo
2. Shalimar Hotel, good value accommodation in a very convenient spot in Colombo.
3. Manel GuestHouse, Polonnaruwa
4. Renuka Inn, Kandy
5. Three Three Five Guesthouse, near the train station in Kandy.
6. New Tour Inn, opposite the botanic gardens in Nuwara Eliya.
7. Araliya Villa Fort, in Galle Fort.
8. Wimals Resort, a minute’s walk from Unawatuna Beach.
9. The Sands, in between Galle and Colombo.
So, don’t miss a bit and make a memorable trip and adventure with help of this Travel Guide.I hope this in-depth Sri Lanka travel guide will help you plan an incredible adventure to this Island that is slowly gearing up for a tourism invasion.