The 1st thing that comes in mind if you are planning for travelling to Africa is safari.
But it is a vast and highly diverse continent full of fascinating cultures, dramatic scenery and historic monuments.
Nowhere else on Earth will you find the diversity of topography, people, wildlife and culture.
Top 5 places to visit
1. Bathing in devil’s pool-Victoria Falls ,Zambia
It is one of the greatest attractions in Africa and one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world.
Victoria Falls is a waterfall in southern Africa on the Zambezi River at the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The best time to visit the spectacular Victoria Falls is from February to May, directly after the region’s summer rains, when you’ll see the world’s largest sheet of falling water flowing at its greatest volume.
The green season usually kicks off in about November with the first spring rains but it takes time for the water that has fallen in the Angolan Highlands to wend its way down to a series of massive gorges.
2. Admiring Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
The pyramid of Giza,Africa is the oldest and largest of the three pyramids in the Giza pyramid complex bordering what is now El Giza, Egypt. It is the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the only one to remain largely intact.
The reason you should visit it is to gaze on the monument, taste delicious Egyptian cuisine, search for treasures in Khan al-Khalili, hit the beach, admire rare antiquities, relax at the Nile River, mix and enjoy your stay with locals.
3. Tempting Medinas of fez ,Morocco
Fez city is the second largest city of Morocco, It is famous for tanneries in midst of an old medina.
Things you must do while visiting fez wander through Talaa Kebira,
Chouara Tannery & Fes el Bali,
Treat yourself at Spa Laaroussa,
Devour at Dar Ramouna,
Check out one of Africa’s largest mosques ( Kairaouine),
Indulge with mint tea and Wi-Fi at Café Clock,
Dinner at Restaurant Numéro 7.
4. Relaxing at Mozambique Island
The diminutive island (500m wide by 3km long) protects a romantic cluster of semi-ruined, semi-restored edifices known as Stone Town in its northern half.
Further south lies Makuti Town, a crowded collection of disheveled reed houses that’s home to 15,000 Mozambicans.
Things you must do while visiting Mozambique Island
- Visit Rickshaws café – Eye capturing beautiful sunset location and Mozambique favorite dishes.
- Karibu restaurant – This excellent new restaurant in Stone Town specializes in the island’s seafood bounty.
- Palace & Chapel of São Paulo – The former governor’s residence and now a museum
- Relaxing at Sena Island – Eating delicious food.
- Sara’s Palace – Enjoy tasty chicken and fish served with the unique island specialty Matapa de siri siri.
- Igreja da Misericórdia – This church is best viewed while sitting at a table in the Café-Bar Áncora d’Ouro opposite.
- Missanga craft shop – A great spot to examine and buy local Makonde woodcarvings as well as locally made basketry, shawls and cosmetics.
5. Table mountain ,South Africa
A photo won’t capture the thunder of hooves on dirt as more than a million wildebeest and several hundred thousand zebra make their annual migration, but still, this is one for the top of the pile.
The migration is actually a year-round event as the animals move from Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Reserve in January, up through the Serengeti around June and hit Kenya’s Masai Mara around September, before journeying south again.
Save up to 40% on Africa tours
Planning your trip
Everybody knows how to plan your trip but here are some points you don’t want to miss:
- Get a travel reward credit card
- Comparing deals provided by different agencies (both online/offline).
- Check for last-minute deals.
Measures to take while traveling
- Don’t Trust People Too Quickly.
- Research Your Destination Thoroughly Before Your Trip.
- Get travel insurance.
The post Traveling to Africa appeared first on E-HowIndia | How To Guide Children | How To Do Anything | The How To Guide Com | DIY Guides India.