An early morning Fire has destroyed property worth millions of naira in the Ogbonomo area of Ijebu – Owo in the Owo Local Government Area , Ondo State .
An eyewitness told our correspondent that the cause of the fire , which razed some shops in the area, had yet to be ascertained .
It was gathered that goods destroyed in the inferno included tyres , sewing machines , batteries of different brands and motor spare parts .
The eyewitness said , “The fire started around 4 am and efforts to put it out proved abortive .
“ We could have called the men of the state fire service , but they are not functioning . Although there is a fire station in Owo , it is not functioning . ”
Some of the affected traders appealed to the state government , the National Emergency Management Agency and other stakeholders to come to their aid , saying the incident would have a negative impact on their families .
When contacted , the Police Public Relations Officer of the state , Mr . Femi Joseph , confirmed the incident and said the command had commenced investigation into the matter .
“ It is an unfortunate incident , but we have started investigation into it, ” the police spokesman said .
The Article Wild Fire Destroys Goods, shops in Ondo first appeared on JoelsBlog.
from JoelsBlog https://ift.tt/2KefMUk