Regular checking of Air Filters is important because it provides sufficient amount of oxygen to car and makes it run with maximum efficiency. There are many benefits of changing them at regular intervals. Some of these benefits are shared below:
- It keeps car in good shape
- Ensures proper airflow and saves fuel
- Guarantee incoming of fresh air
Paper air filters have a great role in keep cars motor dust and dirt free. These filters ensure maximum performance of vehicle and keep car in best shape. You can purchase these filters from our online auto parts superstore. This article explains the procedure of changing air filters on your own. Follow the given steps to complete the task.
- Get an exact replacement of air filter and make sure it fits well in retainer cup.
- Take maximum guidance from owner’s manual or ask auto technician for help.
- Park you ride on flat ground surface and keep it on parking Now open up the hood and tightly secure it.
- Find out the location of unit housing. In most of vehicles it is found on top of engine Once found, remove the top of its cover.
- There is a hose clamp which does the function of sealant for air conduit, locate it and loosen it.
- Start unscrewing all tightened screws and secure the cover.
- Get an extra and keep all small parts and loosened screws together in it. It will help you in assembling them systematically.
- Pull out the safety cover of air conduit and lift it up to view the bottom part of housing. Locate dirty filter, take it out and discard this filter. Now clean all dirt from housing.
Now make replacements of parts that are discarded and previously unscrewed. Put in the new part and you will be done with the replacement of Dirty air filter.