what is search engine optimization and how does it work?
Introduction of Search Engine Optimization
What is Search Engine Optimization and how it is connected to online marketing?
Search Engine Optimization is a process of making websites to achieve top rankings as per Search Engine guidelines and diverting traffic to traffic without paying anything. It helps us save the big advertisement cost on paid advertisement. In this article, we will what are the SEO component and how they are connected.
Search Engine Components
Every Search Engine is based on the following components
- Search Engine Result Page (SERP)
- Spam Fighting Algorithms
Search Engine Architecture
- Crawler: It helps the Search Engine to collect the data and store in storage. Last Crawl date
- Indexer: This component categorizes data collected by crawler and store in different segments in the database. Total pages in google index from a given domain
Parameter: site: www.idodigi.com
- Algorithms: Google’s first algorithm, which looks at links between pages to determine their relevance and importance. Page Rank Range is between 0 to 10. Page rank is calculated for each page separately.
Toolbars to check page rank are Google Toolbar and SEO Quake Toolbar.
- Search Engine Result Page (SERP): SERP results page of any Search Engine.
Click Through Rate (CTR): CTR is a measure to understand how many users are clicking on the website in search results.
First Fold: The page which is visible to the user without scrolling is called ad First Fold.
- Spam Fighting Algorithms: Spam refers to websites which use unethical practices for search rankings. To fight this spam google releases algorithm updates.
6. Panda Update (23 Feb 201): This algorithm target the site which uses duplicate content and short content in the site. It is also called as Farmer Update.
7. Penguin Update (24 April 2012): This algorithm penalizes the websites which spam search results by buying links, building low-quality links, using link sharing networks for link building. The latest version is 4.0, which is real-time penguin algorithm and added into the core algorithm of Google.
8. Hummingbird Update ( August 2013): Google launched this algorithm to provide instant answers from its own database or from other sources.
9. Pigeon Update ( July 2014): The target of this algorithm is to add new signals for ranking local results.
10. Mobile Friendly Update (April 2015): The purpose of this algorithm is to improve mobile search result. It applies for individual pages not for the entire website.
11. Rank Brain ( 26 October 2015): This algorithm is used to take machine learning capabilities to rank web pages in google. As per google, this is considered as a 3rd most important ranking factor in Google.
12. Mobile Friendly: Updates ( 2016 – 2017 ) : The website which loads faster on devices will get a boost in ranking.
13. Possum Update: This update is Related to Local Results.
14. Fred Update: If a website has Ad heavy content.
For better customer experience Google kept releasing the new update.
How to Keep Update with algorithms?
You may check the algorithm on the below website.
So now we know that Search Engine Optimization is essentially the way toward acquiring site guests from “free” or “Organic” list items in web indexes like Google or Bing . Crawler collects the data and indexing put them into a systematic way so that when someone put the query in the search bar it can be populated on the top page or SERP. Now to show the data in SERP you need to make sure your website passes the ranking criteria .
I’ve tried to explain the Search Engine Optimization in this article please feel free if you want to share any feedback or suggestion.
The post What Is Search Engine Optimization? appeared first on IDoDigi.
This post first appeared on , please read the originial post: here