There is no doubt at all that the workforce of an organization is its valuable asset that helps organization achieves desired goals. However, among all the employees working in an organization, the ones who plays team player role are most important ones and even better than leaders for whom their dominating nature is important.
Whereas, a good team player is likely to tackle different unforeseen situations on their own and other colleagues without affecting their own and entire team’s overall productivity. This is the reasons why mostly the employees who are known as good team players receive awards and promotions more frequently than any other employee.
To become a team player, an employee should have a set of qualities. Don’t worry if you don’t know what qualities you have and need to develop in your personality to become a good team player. Following is the list of the most essential qualities that one should develop to become an overall good team player.
1. Share Ideas Confidently:While a good team player is likely to get his work done silently without interrupting others, an excellent team player is the one who shares his ideas confidently. You may be a genius one who has brilliant ideas in his mind but if you will not speak them out just because you are uncertain whether the ideas are good enough to share or not, you will remain out of the sight.
Why it is important to share ideas is because the ones who actively participate in giving solutions to the problems are highlighted in the management and get praised sometimes by awards and sometimes by promotions.
2. Take Responsibility:Taking responsibility of the given job is one of the most essential qualities of an active team player. While other employees work arrive at 9 and leave at 5 without worrying about the project assigned to their team, a good team player gives extra hours to get the work done before the given deadline.
For instance, you are working for an academic writing service and your team is assigned to get a research paper done within a couple of days, it is not possible to get it done without giving some extra hours. So, you will have to take the responsibility and compromise over other commitments to get the work done before time to avoid damaging your employer’s reputation in the market.
3. Help Out Others:A good team player is not the one who is only concerned with his work and but he is the one who also cares about the work that has been assigned to other team mates and try to help them get their work done before the given deadline.
In case a colleague of yours is not able to get the work done on time due to some reasons, it is your duty, as a team player, to help him out. In this way, if you will face the same situation in future, the others will also lend a helping hand in getting your assigned work done.
4. Adapt Things Quickly:Sometimes the traditional methods do not work for solving a problem and one needs to go out of the way to bring some innovative idea of solving the problem. Therefore, an outstanding team player should be a quick learner so he can adapt new things quickly and solve problems with his magical skills.
5. Give Value To Other’s Ideas:While a stubborn team player, who always remains on top on the game, believes that his idea is the best possible solution to the problem, a good team player compromises his viewpoint over other’s ideas. Since a good player should be an active listener, he should listen to others’ ideas and praises them if they are effective in solving the problem.
Sabrina Walker is an academician who helps out students with their educational writing wants. Also, she shares tech-savvy tips with students and working adults to help them survive professional life with no trouble.
image credits: Ambro