The Popular money-doubling scheme, MMM, has called on its participants whose accounts were frozen to begin online publicity for the scheme ahead of its resumption date.
The scheme which has over 3 million Nigerians in its books placed a one-month ban on all withdrawals on December 13, 2016.
The development, which occurred a day after the Founder, Sergey Mavrod, said MMM had done a lot to improve the welfare of Nigerians, sparked fears among many Nigerians that the Ponzi scheme had crashed.
A letter displayed on the page of the scheme cited “heavy workload on system” as the reason for the suspension.
With the ban on the accounts, members of the scheme who were due to withdraw both their capital and 30 per cent return on investment were told they would not be able to do so until January 13.
As the resumption date is only a few days ahead, the scheme has asked its participants, whose accounts were frozen, to perform “Promo Tasks: A New Tool for MMM Community Development.”
MMM in a message to subscribers said the tasks, which should be done both online and offline, is expected to promote the scheme and drive “traffic and participation” by the time the handlers lift the freeze on January 13, 2017.
“Being an MMM member implies not only opportunities, but also a responsibility for the state and development of the MMM Community”, the message read.
In the message, the scheme also said that members who performed these tasks will be rewarded.
Nigerian agencies like the anti-graft EFCC and the Central Bank have warned Nigerians against MMM and other Ponzi schemes, saying they were fraudulent.
More from WheyTinDey
- Will You Still Join MMM?
- Jumia Travel:- Affordable Tech Tools for Managing a Startup
- Breaking: Rice Importation Through The Land Borders Still Remain Banned
- Living Faith Church Kubwa Celebrate Children’s Day With Kingdom Heritage Model School Students
- Moesha Boduong Single But Not Searching
- Here’s What It’s Really Like to Date Someone Way Hotter Than You
- 82-Year-Old Chief Priest In Edo Murder By Gunmen
- John Terry Of Chelsea to miss final two games of the season after red card
- Travel Experiences Every Lagos Girl Should Have Before Turning 30
- Actress Ibinabo Banned By Ex AGN Boss Emeka Ike
- Meet the gorgeous finalists of the Queen and Kings Of Mr. and Miss Nigeria International 2016 (Beauty and Brain Edition)
- You Are Not Disenfranchised . . . You Can Vote On Dec 7 – EC To Special Voters
- PRESS RELEASE: FULANI HERDSMEN IMBROGLIO: NEED FOR CAUTION
- Nigerian Police Inspector Felix Igba Arrested For Issuing Forged Promotion Signals To Police Officers
- ‘Go Higher’ Europe tour Stonebwoy announces
- A Passenger With A Very Unpleasant And Prolonged Experience In The Hands Of Aero Contractors
- Pre-Wedding Picture Of Mr Ameh Michael Apeh And Miss Agbonjimi Oluwatosin Joy! Save The Date 27/28 Dec
- So Scary As MMM Freezes All Confirmed Accounts
- Google translated Russia to ‘Mordor’ in ‘automated’ error
- I Have Nothing to do With Presidential Posters with my Face and Name on it – Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
- Reason Why Woman Think More of Fashion Than Man Think of Sex
- Azuka Ogujiuba Showed No Emotion During Interview With Tiwa Savage
- Rauf Aregbesola And His Politics Of Hijab Nonsense And Distraction
- How Companies Would Hire People If They Were Smarter
- 76 NYSC Members Get Ministerial Honours Award in Abuja
- Violent herdsmen are mostly foreigners – Arase
- FG to pay N5000 per month to 1 million Nigerians
- Hummm Naira appreciates against dollar
- Olisa Metuh Allegedly Planned To Escape From Nigeria
- Charly Boy Explain Why Jesus Christ Is Angry With Nigerians
- Interesting Yet Annoying Things About Nollywood Movies
- SPONSORED: MBN Queens Unveils The “Sweet Charity” Humanitarian Project
- Osinbajo- Budget Implementation Starts This Week
- Nigerian Musician Kidnapped After His Anti-corruption Songs
- EFCC Boss Explains Why GEJ Hasn’t Been Arrested
- Don’t Fall For It: Nigerian Customs Service NCS Online Car Auction Is A Scam
- GOtv subscribers will enjoy FREE Sub in Octorber
- The Clash between Yorubas, Hausas leaves three dead
- 32-year-old Nigerian Arrested For Registering In Ghana
- Raising Living Standards of Nigerians Promised By NNPC, To Develop Communities
- My Husband Beats, Cheats On Me & Also Stabbed Me With A Knife
- A Barren Woman Flogged Her Maid For Eating The Dinner Food That Wasn’t Meant For Her
- Nigeria’s Democracy Day should be June 12, not May 29
- Wole Soyinka – “I’ll Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day” –
- Nigeria signs oil and gas agreements with Chinese firms worth $80bn
- India opens industrial association to boost trade in Nigeria
- Ghana Set To Ban Buying And Selling Of Skin Bleaching Products As From August
- Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini can now appeal their eight-year bans
- Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid set to appeal FIFA transfer bans
- Will Govt Ban WhatsApp, Viber calls