President Muhammadu Buhari commiserates with the families of three National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members who lost their lives recently during the 2016 Batch ‘B’ Orientation Programme in three states.
The President, who describes the demise of these young Nigerians as “shocking, sad and unfortunate,” regrets that they died in the course of answering the national call to serve.
He urges the families, friends and associates of the deceased to be consoled by the knowledge that their loved ones paid the supreme price while on national service and not for ignoble reasons.
President Buhari also extends condolences to the Director-General and Management of the NYSC over the transition of the youth corps members, Chinyerum Elechi, Ifedolapo Oladepo and Monday Ukeme, in Bayelsa, Kano and Zamfara States respectively.
While enjoining the management to do all within its powers to protect the lives of those under its charge, the President calls on parents and guardians of current and potential NYSC participants not to panic over the recent tragic deaths.
On the particular death of Ifedolapo Oladepo in Kano State, President Buhari has ordered an independent investigation to unravel the true circumstances.
He prays that God will grant the souls of the departed youth eternal rest.
More from WheyTinDey
- Dalung Orders Overhaul of NYSC Facilities – Corps Members’ Death
- Raising Living Standards of Nigerians Promised By NNPC, To Develop Communities
- 76 NYSC Members Get Ministerial Honours Award in Abuja
- So Sad Remains of female corps member burnt to death in Akwa Ibom buried amid tears
- corps members allowance held in 26 states
- 33 Years Old Man Arrested For Defiling 5-yr-Old Girl In Ebonyi
- Freed Ese’s dad looks to Joshua for help
- FRSC official cries out for justice, Bayelsa police murdered my son in cold blood
- PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP’S VICTORY SPEECH IN FULL AS HE BECAME THE NEXT PRESIDENT
- BREAKING: Amid raid on judges, Buhari appoints new Supreme Court Justices
- Reason’s Why we can’t impeach Buhari
- [AMVCA 2016] Stephenie Okere Dedicates Award To Ese Oruru
- Reasons Why INEC postpones FCT area council elections
- Reasons Why President Buhari Sacks Christian Pilgrim Commission Boss
- I Don’t Know How I Got To Kano. I Just Followed Yinusa’ – Ese Oruru (Read Full Interview)
- Weird Things That Happen at NYSC Orientation Camps
- Will Sylva Be Defeated Fair?
- Youth Corper serving in Gombe State dies in a ghastly motor accident
- Murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian
- We’ll enforce speed limiter from April 1 — FRSC
- Sylvester Ngwuta Charged With Money Laundering, Age Falsification
- South African Children Sue TB Joshua, Synagogue, Others Over Their Father’s Death
- 4 Nigerians and a Malian arrested for illegal sales In Kano
- Former President, Goodluck Jonathan’s Foster Father Kidnapped Again
- Olakunle Akindele Ayinde, Nollywood Actor Passes Away
- Popular Kano market destroyed by fire
- Sabon Gari market in Kano got burnt
- The President’s Enemies
- 129 benefit from foundation’s empowerment scheme
- Stamp duty: NIPOST to become FAAC member
- PLEASE HELP ME ! MY WIFE BEATS THE HELL OUT OF ME WHEN SHE’S ANGRY
- Doctor Reveals What Happened To 1st Class Female Corps Member, Ifedolapo That Died In Kano
- Jonathan submits himself to service under Buhari
- OJB Jezreel’s funeral service.
- Ijaw youths to Buhari: Speak up on fate of Maritime University
- Buhari Showed His True Colours – PDP Reacts To Media Chat
- Ayo Fayose Embarrasses President Buhari In China
- So sad- Senator Monsurat Sunmonu unable to recite national anthem, pledge
- J Martins with Two Hefty Body Guards During Nomoreloss Burial
- NMA raises N20m for families, Ekiti doctors’ death
- ‘You can’t handle me in bed’- Bukom Banku dares Delay
- Kwesi Anning – Buhari Hasn’t Failed
- Ex President Jonathan Sumon For Questioning At The EFCC
- PDP Demands Inquest Into Killings, Salutes The Gallantry Of Bayelsans
- Must Read: El-Rufai Pledges equal Opportunity to all
- SC to rule on GBA case over Superior justices
- Buhari Loves The Igbos –
- Militants Whacked Up Agip Gas Pipeline In Bayelsa
- Precious cries out for justice after her ex-boyfriend’s friend allegedly stabbed her in Kwara
- Reasons Why Ben Murray Bruce Was Unnavigable From Greeting Buhari