Recovering from JFL Montreal 2016!
So it’s been 4 days since I was in Montreal and I think I’ve finally come down. Great week! Fantastic comics, lovely industry (who knew that would ever be written?), and an unbelievable JFL team. CONGRATS EVERYONE – you should be so proud of what you accomplished!
Here’s a few things I learned:
- Kevin Hart is as short as you think, and just as nice as you’ve heard
- the 22 hour SAQ is not actually open 22hrs a day
- I can say ‘bonjour’ so well but that’s it. Sales people continue in French I stare blankly
- Homegrown competition was comic-for-comic the best show at the Festival (IMHO)
- I have more party dresses than I thought
- when you see Judd Apatow on the street the first thing you remember is going through his dirty laundry
- Theatre Ste-Catherine throws one helluva after party
- there are weirdos on the streets at 6am
- K. Trev was robbed at Jeff Ross’ Roast Battle
- I am so proud of all the Yuks comics who killed at every show and taping
- and finally, Canadian comedians are the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!
Straight up, the Canadians at this Festival, all the Canadians, really shined. From galas, All-Access, LOL tapings, Roast Battle, and all shows in between, we were the ones really lighting up every stage. JFL is the biggest comedy festival in the world, and I hope that it continues to bring in our awesome comics, even if we lose them all to the states, I’d love to have them always come “home” and be a part of this very special fest.
À bientôt (I totally had to look that up).