A common question asked to every physician before and after the facelift Surgery by the patient that how long does it take to recover? But this question’s answer varies from person to person. As per of average surgeon report, the majority of the person get retrieved within two weeks, but there is also a degree of individual variation regarding recovery. The surgery performed on what part of own even matter.
The main surgery prospects are divided into three parts likewise:
- Facepiece where the surgery is performed;
- Individual’s factor that how early their body recover; and
- Steps were taken to speed up the recovery process
- Let’s discuss the above elements one by one:
- Face Part Where The Surgery is Performed
The recovery procedure can vary from person to person. Although after two weeks your swelling may go, if not you can cover it with makeup. In very extream condition, the swelling lasts longer and can take one more week to settle the swelling level full. There could also be a possibility of 48 hours of pain that can be easily cured by some antidots or painkillers only prescribed by the surgeon.
Doctors advised the patient to perform normal activities like watching television, using the internet after few days. Even you can go for regular exercises after 3-4 weeks. But immediately after surgery, you should use icing the eyes and icing the face could reduce the remarkable amount of swelling. You can join your social activities after 2 weeks, but for the patients having a significant event in more likely should go for six weeks before the event.
2. Individual’s Factor That How Early Their Body RecoverEvery individual takes different time to recover, for example, a diabetic patient needs to control diabetes as directly affect the healing process. For the people having smoking habit requires to stop smoking before and after the surgery to avoid any potential risk. If two people are treated with the identical operation, both will take different time to recover because of their constitution.
Another aspect is related to the emotional side. If the person has a positive attitude and is healthy from mental emotions, he will recover sooner as compared to other.
In addition to this surgeon’s operation technique also matters for early recovery. The most common methods used for facelift and neck lift is a minimal technique that includes hidden incision technique and telescopic technique all these aims at reducing the amount of bruising and swelling and speeding up your recovery.
3. Steps Were Taken To Speed Up The Recovery ProcessThe speed of your recovery plays an important role. In this context, pre-existing medical conditions are highly required to control. Medication including herbal and non-herbal also affect the level of swelling and bruising. Majority of the doctors always recommend both pre and post operation precautions.
Applying an icing or frozen peas or frozen gel mask on the swelling part for 10 minutes after every hour first 3 days is the best technique prescribed by every surgeon. It reduces swelling and speeds up your healing process.
Proper sleep is pre-requisite. You must take a nap with your head elevated for about two weeks to help mitigate swelling. The technique of rest on two pillows, or use a wedge-shaped foam pillow is more effective. The wedge-shaped foam pillows are sold at many pharmacies and surgical supply stores. You can also sleep upright in a recliner. Try to keep your head still.
Important Note:Usually, your first postoperative appointment is the day after your surgery. During the visit, there is a possibility that your surgeon may change your bandages, but your stitches won't be removed for another five to seven days. The staples in your scalp, if there are any, won't be removed until around day 10 because your scalp takes longer to heal.
Don’t forget that your skin may feel dry and rough for a few months after your facelift. If you have any doubt or query about what is or is not normal as you recover, don’t hesitate to call your surgeon. It's always better to be safe than sorry!
Final WordsPerfect Facelift surgery is essential to get your dream beauty. The surgeon’s quality of operation performed and your efforts towards pre and post surgery play a prominent role. So, it's vital to hire the surgeon with excellent references and have years of experience in Facial Plastic Surgery. The most important is to follow the surgeon’s instruction properly as it ends with the most enjoyable and comfortable experience.
Author Bio: Sheetal Goswami is working as Blogger for Tricity Institute of Plastic Surgery. A famous Institute for plastic – cosmetic surgery and Hair Transplant Punjab. She has been blogging for several years about the fusion of Medical Science. She is a voracious follower of medical achievements and loves to share all about it.