Are you up for a one-of-a-kind adventure around Gozo? Are you planning to discover the island’s less travelled destinations? If you are, going on a tuk-tuk Tour is perfect for you.
What Is a Tuk-tuk?Tuk-tuk is actually a motorised rickshaw that becomes popular because it can get around a city pretty quickly. Tuk-tuks are designed for the rough road, off-the-track travels. It can go where regular air-conditioned taxis can’t go. To make their tuk-tuks attention-grabbing and unique, drivers usually decorate their three-wheeled carriage, painting it with excellent colour and decorating it with dangling trinkets.
You’ve probably heard about tuk-tuk from travellers who’ve visited Asian countries, especially Thailand, Cambodia, and the Philippines. But here’s the good news! Tuk-tuk can’t be found in Asian countries only. If you’re in Europe but isn’t ready to venture as far as Asia yet to ride a tuk-tuk, you can visit Gozo instead. The island offers one of Europe’s fantastic tuk-tuk rides. And the only Tuk Tuk service in Gozo is Yippee Malta.
Travelling Gozo on a Tuk-Tuk: What It Really MeansAs the only Tuk-tuk service provider in Gozo, Yippee Malta’s mission is to immerse travellers in destinations that can’t be reached via conventional transport. On board the tuk-tuk, you can enjoy the following:
- You’ll have access to free Wi-Fi. We know how Instagrammable Gozo’s attractions are. So feel free to ask the driver to stop whenever you see a breathtaking view and take a picture.
- You’ll get access to insider’s guide from drivers. Drivers also serve as your guide. While on board the tuk-tuk, they can walk you through the island’s history, culture, and tradition.
- You can customise your tours. It would be good if you have your own itinerary already. But what’s even more enjoyable is to plan out your trip with a tuk-tuk tour provider. Doing this gives you the chance to leverage a local guide’s insider knowledge.
- You can accommodate people of all ages. Tuk-tuks can actually accommodate up to 6 passengers. You can create a tuk-tuk tour for friends, and you can also choose a route that’s kid-friendly. There’s also an available itinerary if you’re tagging along with your parents and grandparents.
- Tuk-tuk tours can take you to Gozo’s backstreet routes. Regular taxis can’t navigate the rough roads of Gozo’s countryside. Only tuk-tuks can! So brace yourself for a wild and enjoyable ride.
- You’ll be aptly sheltered from direct sunlight and rain. Although Gozo and its sister islands in the Maltese archipelago experience more or less 300 days of summer, there will also be occasional rain. But you shouldn’t worry because tuk-tuks have covers.
- Tuk-tuk is an open-air vehicle. If you’ve just been on a trekking adventure, riding an air-conditioned taxi immediately while you’re still sweating can cause discomfort. But if you’ve reserved a tuk-tuk ride, that won’t be a problem.
Tuk-tuk Tour OptionsA tuk-tuk tour provider usually offers different options, considering the preferences of guests. Specifically, these are the options available—these two options take only 3 hours each:
Option 1: Morning TourThis tour departs from Mgarr Harbour and will take you to the Xewkija Rotunda where you’ll get a 360-degree view of the entire island of Gozo. Then, the next stops are the Sanap Cliffs and Ix-Xlendi. You’ll also drop by the Wash House at Fontana, San Lawrenz, Dwejra, Ta’ Pinu Shrine, and the Victoria Centre. The tour ends at the Mgarr Terminal just in time for lunch.
Option 2: Afternoon TourRight after lunch, the tour departs from Mgarr Harbour and heads to Nadur. Here you’ll visit Ramla Valley and the Ta’Kenuna Tower. As you continue the ride, you’ll be able to visit Calypso Cave, Marsalforn, Gharb, and Victoria. The journey ends at the Mgarr Terminal just in time for your return trip via ferry to Malta.
Adventure Begins Where Fun and Thrill Meets!Although tuk-tuk tours service is just a recent innovation, this kind of ride is actually becoming more and more popular. And it is slowly taking the spotlight of the island’s tourism industry because it promotes other off-the-beaten-track attractions of the island. Indeed, a tuk-tuk tour takes an adventure to a whole new level because of its promise of novelty, thrill, and fun.
- Go Diving in Gozo
- Gozo Bucket List - 7 Things To Do In Gozo Before You Die