PayPal is one of the best and trusted ways to send and receive payments especially if you are into online jobs. It is secure, convenient and absolutely free. You can use Paypal right away after signing up but will eventually face limits on sending and receiving payments. To lift these limitations, users must link a bank account or a credit card to their PayPal account. This is what you call “verification” and here comes the problem for most Pinoys.
Unlike in the western world, credit card ownership remains low in the Philippines. Most Pinoys do not have a credit card due to a variety of reasons. There are some debit cards that can be used to verify PayPal, but it means that you have to go to a bank personally and open an account. Many find it too inconvenient and time-consuming.
Is there a way to verify PayPal without a credit card? The answer is yes. You can now verify your PayPal account through a virtual Visa card called Paymaya and it works like a charm. Here is a simple tutorial on how to verify PayPal using the Paymaya app.
How to Verify PayPal Account without a Credit Card
PayMaya is a free smartphone application that allows you to pay online transactions even without a physical credit card. You can use the app at online stores or websites that accept credit cards or debit cards. PayPal account verification has never been easier thanks to this new service from Smart Communications.
1. Download the PayMaya App
PayMaya is available for iOS and Android smartphone users regardless of their mobile network. To download the app, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to PayMaya website to download the application. If you are using an Apple device, click the link to the AppStore, otherwise, go to Google Play Store.
- Install and launch the application on your device.
- You may now register your name, email, and mobile number. If you already have an existing Paypal account, make sure to use the exact details (name, address, email, and contact numbers) of your PayPal.
- Create a password. Use a combination of uppercase+lowercase letters and numerical characters as a password.
- You will receive a verification number via text message.
- Enter the verification number.
- Click View Card button.
- PayMaya also requires your real address and birth date. Submit them as well.
- You will now receive a confirmation that your PayMaya account has been activated.
You can now start using that virtual Visa card to buy stuff online, pay hosting services, and to verify PayPal without a credit card.
2. Verify your PayPal without a Credit Card
Before attempting to link the Paymaya account to your PayPal, make sure to load at least 150 Php or else, the verification process will not work. You may load your Paymaya account using BDO Online banking, through SM Business Centers, 7-Eleven Cliqq kiosks, Smart Wireless Center, Smart Money, Smart Padala, and all Robinsons Business Centers nationwide. After loading up the necessary amount, you can now proceed in linking the PayMaya to your Paypal account.
- Go to PayPal.com and enter your login details.
- To link your card, you can click the add a bank account or card link under the banks and cards box. Alternatively, you may opt to click the Wallet tab link on the top of the screen.
- On the next screen, click the Link a card box.
- Launch the PayMaya app on your smartphone then copy the details of your virtual Visa card to the next screen after clicking the Link a card button. Fill up the billing address form with the exact address you entered on your PayMaya account. Click the save button to go to the next step.
- PayPal will now send you a prompt to confirm your card. When you click the OK button, Paypal will charge you 1$ authorization fee and another 100 Php on your PayMaya account to generate a 4-digit code. This is why you have to ensure that you have at least 160 Php on your PayMaya balance. Paypal will refund the amount back to your PayMaya card once the verification is complete.
- PayMaya will send the 4-digit verification code to your registered mobile number via text message. If you did not receive the text, just open the PayMaya app on your phone and look for the transaction history.
- Enter the 4-digit code to confirm that you own the card to be linked. Click the confirm button.
Congratulations! You now have a verified Paypal account even without a physical credit card! The sending and receiving limits are now removed. If ever your linked card expires, your Paypal account status will not change but you cannot make a payment from it. Luckily, you can still add more card to your PayPal account for your peace of mind.
Did you find this guide helpful? Please rate us!