As you know from the recipes on this blog (and from my instagram as well) I love porridges in any form. But my "classic" oatmeal+banana+berries+peanut butter ... is kind of stereotype. But the reipce I'm gonna show you today is not ordinary at all. Amaranth porrigge with Caramelized Banana is just an obsession. Caramelized banana for a healthy breakfast? Why not! I swear you'll fall in love with this recipe.
vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, eggs free, no added sugar
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1 banana
- small handful walnuts (optional)
- Pour water and milk over the amaranth and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil on a small pan over medium heat.
- After the oil melts, add your sweetener.
- Slice the banana and add it into the pan with "caramel sauce". Wait for few minutes until the bananas get softer.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl, add the caramelized bananas and walnuts.