InvestorsBuz Business Reviews today 12.5.16
Alphabet Inc: The Future of Google Stock Depends on This
- Buz Investors Future of Google Stock Depends For years now, bad economic news has been interpreted as good news for the stock market. These poor economic numbers have translated into easier monetary conditions and have reinforced a low-interest-rate environment.
- Investments like Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) stock, otherwise known as Google stock, do well under such conditions because investors seek growth in a low-interest-rate environment and, as a result, growth companies warrant having high valuations.
- The dynamic of the financial markets started to change in early fall as interest rates started to rise. This move higher in interest rates accelerated after Donald Trump won the presidential election.
AMZN STOCK: WHY THE NEXT DECADE BELONGS TO AMAZON INC.
- Buz Investors BULLISH Next Decade Belongs to Amazon Over the last decade—a decade whichAmazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) spent crushing brick-and-mortar retail stores—there was a clear trend in the value of Amazon stock: up and to the right.
- The share price exploded as rival after rival fell prey to the company’s successes. AMZN stock notched gains of 1,865% and made its investors happy.
- However, some analysts wonder what will happen if the retail business is fully conquered. WouldAmazon declare its mission accomplished and become a boring old income stock?
Apple Stock: This Secret Tech Could Boost Apple Inc.
- Buz Investors Secret Tech Could Boost Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has hit the headlines again due to an exciting piece of news that surfaced over the weekend. Reports hinted that Apple’s secret project, believed to be closed down, is indeed quite alive and kicking.
- The secret tech that the company has been working on is still very much on the agenda. In the post-Donald Trump election environment of gloom and doom in the tech sector, could this be the boost that Apple stock needs?
- In a letter dated November 22, Apple Inc.’s director of product integrity, Steve Kenner, wrote to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), providing his comments on the proposed Federal Automated Vehicles Policy. (Source: “Docket No. NHTSA-2016-0090,” Regulations.gov, November 22, 2016.)
Oracle Corporation (ORCL): Could This Deal Help Oracle Stock?
- Buz Investors Help Oracle Stock (NYSE:ORCL) has been struggling to grow for quite some time, and ORCL stock has been losing ground.
- The legacy tech player is on a buying spree and has acquired companies in the cloud-computing area to compete with the likes of salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE:CRM) andAmazon.com, Inc.’s (NASDAQ:AMZN) “Amazon Web Services.”
- However, the latest deal by a rival could change the way Oracle has been playing the cloud game. As per media reports, the European Union (EU) antitrust authorities are likely to clear Microsoft Corporation’s (NASDAQ:MSFT) $26.0-billion acquisition of LinkedIn Corp (NYSE:LNKD). (Source: “EU Likely to Clear Microsoft-LinkedIn With Conditions,” The Wall Street Journal, December 1, 2016.)
WALT DISNEY CO: COULD THIS BE THE MAGIC FORMULA FOR DISNEY STOCK?
- Buz Investors Magic Formula for Disney (NYSE:DIS) stock has been hit in the past on the back of its ESPN woes. However, good news on another front has again brought the limelight onto the media conglomerate. Moreover, DIS stock has gained about seven percent over the past month.
- Disney’s animated movie Moana continued to top the weekend box office figures for the second straight weekend. This continues the trend of a great year for Disney movies, as fans get ready forRogue One: A Star Wars Story to hit the theaters on December 16.
- The sale of advance tickets already points to another hit for the company. But DIS stock continues to be under the ESPN dark cloud, despite its movies breaking all records at the box office. (Source: “Box Office: Walt Disney’s ‘Moana’ Sets Sail With $82M Thanksgiving Debut,” Forbes, November 27, 2016.)
Paypal Holdings Inc: PYPL Stock Is Tarnished But Not Broken
- Buz Investors PYPL Stock Is Tarnished (NASDAQ:PYPL) stock. I had reason to believe that PayPal stock was on the verge of creating an unprecedented bullish run that would take PYPL stock to new heights.
- The catalysts that founded my views were based on a bullish price pattern and a positive earnings report. PayPal had reported earnings that beat analyst expectations, and investors were so enthused with this report that the stock price surged the following day. This surge in price completed a bullish pattern that was in development for many months.
- I thought that the wheels were in motion on this locomotive train and that new highs were almost a certainty. Funny how life works sometimes. Whenever I feel so certain about an outcomeWhenever I feel so certain about an outcome, the complete opposite event has a habit of occurring; examples include Brexit and Donald Trump, just to name a few.
Tesla Stock: Are We Headed for a Trump-Musk Throwdown?
Buz Investors Trump-Musk Throwdown (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock is up nearly three percent on Monday as 2016 nears its end. What has otherwise been a year of generally good news for the green tech company hasn’t exactly been fantastic for Tesla stock; it’s down 22% since the beginning of the year and it fell seven percent last week.
To make matters worse, Jacob Bayer, CEO of energy consulting firm Luminext Incorporated, believes that President-elect Donald Trump and tech luminary Elon Musk are bound to butt heads in the next four years.
- Trump plans to wage,the two men’s drastically divergent worldviews on the environment will lead to “strong language, criticism and maybe even a power struggle in the upcoming years.” (Source: “The looming energy battle between Elon Musk and Donald Trump,” The Hill, December 5, 2016.)
The post Investorsbuz Business Reviews today 12.5.16 appeared first on Investors Buz.