If you have been searching for where to buy eco-friendly Jewelry, that already means you’re trying to make your life more environmentally-friendly. Luckily, nowadays, you have far more options to purchase jewelry (and even household products) that has been sourced properly, made in an ethical way, help the communities that make them, are priced reasonably and still look great. Unlike the guilt of wondering whether your diamond is a conflict diamond or made at sweat shops, the choice to opt for environmentally-friendly pieces of jewelry will have you feeling better about yourself for a whole lot of reasons.
- Most eco-friendly jewelry will be made from natural products, recycled products or products that are sourced with the least harm to the environment. Take our currently jewelry collection, for example. All the pieces are made using coconut shells - shells that result from after the inside of the coconut has been used. Even though it is a difficult task to find the specific coconut shells that are suitable for the specific jewelry piece, we have not plucked the coconuts only for the purpose of making jewelry and so, we have not harmed the tree or the environment.
- The great thing about many types of eco-friendly jewelry is that they can also be recycled easily after their lifetime is reached. This will vary from item to item depending on what it has been made of, but it shouldn’t be too difficult. Our coconut shell jewelry will do absoutely no damage to the environment when they are discarded.
- Jewelry that is environmentally-friendly is also often times ethical jewelry. You don’t have to wonder about if the items being sold were made by using unjust practices, using cheap labor or while violating any human rights. Our collection of jewelry is made by well-known craftsman in the South Asian country of Sri Lanka.
- Eco-friendly fashion items are also often design and produced by traditional craftsman, especially if they are unique to a culture and country. This not only ads uniqueness to the product, but when you buy these items, you’re helping preserve some of those traditional crafts.
- Since most eco-friendly jewelry are unlikely to be massed produced and more likely to be handmade, some of the money you spend on buying this type of jewelry goes to the economy of those small communities wherever in the world they are. At Polraa, we have built up a trusted relationship with a few craftsman in Sri Lanka who work with us very closely to produce our items.