If you have ever wondered how to be Stress free, you are not alone. We all have that friend or family member that seems to live a carefree life. They aren’t without their trials and difficulties, but they glide through them with a positive attitude, while the rest of us struggle along.
You can actually train yourself how to be Stress Free, if you learn the secrets of people that seem to go through life without a care in the world. We all have challenges and difficult times, but we don’t have to let those things define us.
Here’s how to be stress free:
- Make time for relaxation. People who live stress free lives make time to relax. They are not running on all cylinders. They take daily or weekly time just to spend with friends and family and do something fun. You will never see someone who is living a stress resilient life running around every second of the day. They have time to sit and talk with you. They are willing to listen to your problems and concerns. They make the most of the time they have. If they are busy, they put relaxation on the schedule to make sure that it gets done.
- Let go of control. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t exercise control or that you should let go of everything in your life. That said, people who live stress resilient lives are able to do it because they can easily recognize the things in their life that they cannot control and they let go of those things. From downsizing, to disappointments, to natural and man-made disasters, there are things in life that no one has control over, and trying to actively control those things will only bring sadness, frustration, and exhaustion into your life. People who are stress resilient do not spend valuable time and energy trying to control others, trying to micromanage their environment, and do not have anxiety about being disappointed, fired, or rejected. They know that these things happen and that rolling with the punches leads to a much happier life.
- Transform the little voice in your head. Everyone has two little voices in their head. The first tells them that they are wonderful, smart, and great. The second tells them that they are stupid and worthless. Most people let that second voice reign. It’s the one they believe, even though it is not the truthful voice. They let tension-triggering thoughts fill their heads and drown out the positive ones. Unfortunately, those negative thoughts do not just go away. You can drown them, however, with positive thoughts. Stress-resilient people listen to the positive voice. They train it to jump in when negative thoughts threaten to take over. Any time a negative thought pops into your head, replace it with positive one. When the little voice says, “You’re not smart enough to do this,” use the positive voice to remind yourself that you absolutely are.
- Create a support system. Perhaps nothing is as important for living a stress resilient life than having a strong support system. Anyone looking for how to be stress free should start looking at the people in their lives and determining who bolsters and uplifts them and who drags them down. Not everyone in your life is a positive influence. In some situations, you may need to distance yourself from people that do not lift you up. If someone is only a negative voice and never offers anything positive, that is a person who should not be a part of your support system. Amongst your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and peers, look for people who care about you and who understand what you are going through, what things you want to achieve, and are willing to help support you in those things.
- Participate in volunteer work. Giving your time away to those who need it can be an extremely satisfying way to spend your time. Most people who regularly volunteer find that they get just as much out of that work as those who directly benefit from it. The happiest people in the world are those who regularly take the time to serve the people around them. Whether there are people in your life that need regular help or you seek out an organization that could use an extra set of helping hands, seeking out an opportunity to serve is one of the fundamentals of how to be stress free.
For more tips and guidance, our post on how to destress will help you see exactly what you need to do to destress your life. You can also download our list of 50 easy and simple Stress Management Activities you can do every day to manage stress naturally.
Being Stress Resilient is about creating a life that banishes stressful influences and fosters calm and fun instead. If you want to live a stress-resilient life, incorporating these things into your life is simply essential!
The post How To Be Stress Free appeared first on Stress Management Activities.
This post first appeared on Stress Management Activities - Stress Management A, please read the originial post: here