LOTTO jackpot now a record breaking R110 million guaranteed, the highest in the history of the National Lottery in South Africa
Thursday 25 January – Johannesburg – ITHUBA, the licensed operator for the National Lottery, is excited to announce a record breaking jackpot for LOTTO at a guaranteed R110 million for this Saturday 27 January 2018 draw.
“Earlier this week the LOTTO jackpot was at its highest since 2015 (R100 million),” says Khensani Mabuza, Head of Marketing, Ithuba. “Our 24 January draw was not won – and now the LOTTO jackpot is standing at R110 million guaranteed.”
“This is the highest jackpot in the history of the National Lottery games since its existence in South Africa,” Mabuza shares excitedly.
The highest LOTTO jackpot payouts since 2015 are as below:
- 04 November 2017 winner from the Eastern Cape won R 50 795 986,30
- 22 April 2017 winner from Kwazulu Natal won R 34 494 651, 00
- 30 July 2016 winner from KwaZulu Natal won R 35 244 363, 50
“We are encouraging South Africans over the age of 18 to come out in their numbers and play LOTTO for the Saturday 27 January draw. To stand a chance in winning our record breaking jackpot, you have to play.”
“You have to be in it to win it, so visit our National Lottery website, or use your banking channels, National Lottery retailers, and any participating informal trader and change your tomorrow today!” concludes Mabuza.
Where to play LOTTO
You have two days left to go and play the LOTTO for the draw on Saturday 27 January 2018.
- To play visit nationallottery.co.za , register and start playing. Registration is quick and simple, and you can play immediately.
- You are able to play on your banking partner: First National Bank, Standard Bank and Nedbank.
- Visit your National Lottery retailers nationwide.
- Visit your local informal trader: FLASH, Kazang, A2Pay and Blue Label
About Ithuba Winner Services
Because we understand that winning the lottery is both a very exciting and potentially overwhelming experience. It is with this in mind that Ithuba established the Winner Services department, which offers a number of complimentary services to people with winnings above R50 000. The aim is to equip our winners with tools to best invest their winnings and to cope with this sudden life-changing event. Winner Services include:
- Safeguarding winners identities
- Financial advice
- Estate planning
- Legal advice and Trauma and Emotional Counselling.
Ithuba Holdings Proprietary “(RF), is the official operator of the National Lottery in South Africa from 1 June 2015. Ithuba will reinvigorate the National Lottery through optimising the consumer experience, restoring faith and trust in the National Lottery, and showcasing its positive social contribution to our society. Ithuba, proudly rooted in South Africa, is intent on contributing positively and actively to socio-economic development through the ethical and efficient operation of the National Lottery, and setting the benchmark for Lottery operations in SA and beyond.