"Part of the privilege of winning a championship, you pick at the bottom rounds (of the draft) and you get one of the toughest schedules," he said.
"We hope that he can stay on the field now that he's eating avocado ice cream," Kraft said, referring to Gronkowski's recent adoption of parts of Tom Brady's diet and workout regimen.
He's coming off a momentous comeback from a 28-3 deficit against the Atlanta Falcons and a Super Bowl MVP performance.
Kraft was a 23-year season ticket holder prior to buying the Patriots for $172 million, the most money that had ever been paid for an NFL franchise.
- Patriots ignore the rearview mirror and move full speed ahead into '17 seasonWorcester Telegram
- Hub Arkush's 2017 NFL prediction: New England Patriots over Green Bay Packers ...The Daily Post-Athenian
- Show your pride! Patriots 5x Super Bowl champion plates revealedWCVB Boston
- It doesn't matter if NFL ratings are dropping — advertisers can't get enoughRecode
- 20 questions for the NFL season aheadThe Mercury News
- Seeking Six: A Look at the Opponents of the 2017 PatriotsNECN
- Tom Brady set for New England Patriots clash with Kansas City Chiefs in NFL ...Daily Star
- Chiefs looking to make statement against champion PatriotsAtlanta Journal Constitution
- Pro Picks gets started backing Patriots, Eagles, LionsABC News