Free Press sports writer Dave Birkett fielded questions from Facebook on Friday, Aug. 25, 2017, hours before the Lions' exhibition game against the Patriots.
He threw two first-quarter touchdown passes to Chris Hogan, including a dime of a deep ball over Nevin Lawson (who was called for illegal contact on the play).
• Tahir Whitehead missed a tackle on the second play of the game and left at halftime with a knee injury, not a great sign considering how bad the Lions were at linebacker last year.
The Lions rotated personnel at the position early, with Paul Worrilow starting at strongside linebacker and Reeves-Maybin and Antwione Williams taking some first-team reps alongside Davis later in the quarter.
Riddick, who's been in a red no-contact jersey all summer as he recovers from double-wrist surgery, played one series in the first half, had one carry for no gain and one pass thrown his way.
READ MORE (Detroit Free Press)
- Julian Edelman Injured in Patriots Preseason GameNECN
- Fantasy Football: Preseason watch list for Friday and SaturdayThe Courier-Express
- Live updates: Patriots' late field goal beats Lions, 30-28Detroit Free Press
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman carted off during preseason game (updated)All 22
- Patriots, Brady roll to 24 quick points despite Edelman injuryNBCSports.com
- Pats' Edelman carted off early with knee injuryESPN
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman carted off with knee injuryUSA TODAY
- Watch Tom Brady connect with Chris Hogan for back-to-back touchdownsBoston.com
- Julian Edelman (knee) carted to locker room vs. LionsNFL.com