ATLANTA (AP) -- Rookie Shortstop Johan Camargo suffered a bone bruise in his right knee while jogging onto the field before Tuesday night's game against the Philadelphia Phillies.
Camargo was taking the field when his right knee appeared to lock as he reached down to grab a handful of dirt or touch the chalk on the first-base line.
Braves manager Brian Snitker said he has never seen a player get hurt running onto the field.
The versatile Camargo became the regular at shortstop when top prospect Dansby Swanson was optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett on July 27.
Snitker said a final decision on replacing Camargo will be made Wednesday, though he said Swanson "probably" will be recalled.
- Herrera's 2-Run HR Helps Eflin, Phillies Top Braves 5-2CBS Philly
- Zach Eflin comes back strong as Phillies beat BravesPhilly.com
- In Return to Phillies, Zach Eflin Shows Improvement for 1st Win of SeasonNBC 10 Philadelphia
- Braves shortstop suffers a freak injury while jogging onto the fieldFor The Win
- Pretty Eflin Good: Phillies 5, Braves 2The Good Phight
- Teheran drops 8th straight home decision, Phillies beat Braves againAtlanta Journal Constitution
- Braves shortstop suffers knee injury in freak accident before game, out two weeksWXIA-TV
- Phillies' Zach Eflin: Picks up first win WednesdayCBSSports.com
- Atlanta Braves: Johan Camargo is legit, but where does he fit in with future ...Tomahawk Take