Creamy and easy Homemade Creamed Corn. Creamed corn makes a great side dish for holiday dinners, or for any weeknight meal. It is so quick and easy to make in less than 20 minutes. All you need is a few simple ingredients that you may already have on hand. You make an easy cream sauce, and stir in some canned corn. Serve with chicken or pork chops for an easy and delicious side dish.
The homemade cream sauce is so easy to make. Butter is melted into a saucepan along with flour and cooked for a minute to brown. Add in milk and season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook until the sauce has thickened and is smooth. Stir in corn, and let heat through.
Homemade Creamed Corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ( 15 oz.) can corn, drained
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook flour for a minute to brown. Pour in milk, salt, pepper, and sugar. Continue to cook for a few minutes, while whisking constantly until sauce has thickened.
- Mix corn into sauce, let cook for a minute to heat through.
Freshly Homecooked is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The post Homemade Creamed Corn appeared first on Freshly Homecooked.