Cape Sienna in Kamala Beach
Cape Sienna is a beautiful resort with panoramic views of Kamala Bay designed to take full advantage of the hillside setting. All 146 rooms offer sea view with large private terrace, most have a Jacuzzi or even a private pool. It is definitely a hotel for a romantic holiday and while the hotel is not connected to the beach, a free shuttle can take you to one of the 2 beaches nearby.
Kamala is one of most popular beaches of Phuket. With fine sand and clear blue waters, lots of beachfront dining and shopping in the street parallel to the beach, Kamala is particularly popular with returning travelers and families, especially with the Phuket Fantasea park nearby.
Cape Sienna Hotel is built on a green hillside and wherever you go around the resort, the view is what strikes most. As soon as you enter the lobby the sea view occupies the entire front. It is obvious that the designers took full advantage of it and this becomes even more visible once you reach the swimming pool. Wherever you stand there is a photo opportunity.
The 2 restaurants and the rooftop bar are the final highlight.
Vanilla Sky offers a stunning and unobstructed 180 degree panorama above the bay, with Rayee Beach on the left and the main beach of Kamala on the right. The bar is large enough to accommodate everyone but of course, better come a little early to get the best seats. Sunsets are usually around 6.30 pm but you can easily check google for the exact time.
Below Vanilla Sky is a supposedly excellent steakhouse called Plum Premium Steakhouse. We didn’t get to try the food but the setting is fantastic here too, especially if you book one of the small Sala (an open pavilion) set into the water. It’s so romantic that you can even ask a special romantic decoration if you wish to ask the big question. We met a young couple doing just this and she said yes! The sunset was so fabulous on that day it was obviously irresistible.
The Poolside Bar and Restaurant is where you will enjoy a really large buffet breakfast… it’s bright, spacious and feel like a perfect place to start a holiday.
Cape Sienna of course has a superb spa with sea view treatment rooms with the wide selection treatment you can expect from one the most romantic hotels in Phuket.
We booked a Sea View Deluxe with Jacuzzi. The room is not huge but very well designed, with a very convenient working station facing the sea, which we found super convenient. The outdoor Jacuzzi large enough to accommodate 2 persons and private enough you don’t have to worry about your neighbors. The best is of course to face the ocean while having a bath.
What we loved
- There are a lot of things to love at Cape Sienna, and the views come first of course!
- The functionality of the room layout, lots of electric plugs, the large balcony with Jacuzzi
- The bright and tropical holiday atmosphere everywhere you go
- The amazing Vanilla Sky rooftop bar and Plum romantic sala!
What wasn’t so great?
- The staff a little tired, maybe the hotel was full but Thai hospitality being so famous and so much part of the experience it was a little surprising. The other guests we met also noticed it and the game was to try to make a joke to make them smile. Maybe the hotel was running full occupancy for too long. Anyway it got better as staff started to recognize us.
- The parking is extremely limited so if you come by car and can’t find a spot, well good luck.
- Cape Sienna is not recommended if you have mobility issues. Nothing really challenging though since they have elevators here and there but still some slopes and stairs to deal with.
Cape Sienna Location Map
The post Cape Sienna Hotel in Kamala Beach appeared first on Phuket 101.