Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Paneer/Cottage cheese: 200 g
- Palak/Spinach: 200 g
- Onion: 1(chopped)
- Tomato: 1(chopped)
- Green chilly: 3
- Ginger garlic paste: 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: a pinch
- Chilly powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala: 1/2-1 tsp
- Bay leaf: 1
- Heavy cream: 1-2 tbsp
- Salt: as required
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Chop onions and tomato.
- Cut paneer into medium sized cubes
- Soak spinach in hot and salted water for about 3 mins. Then soak it in cool water.
- Make a puree of spinach and green chilly and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When it's hot, add cumin seeds.
- After the cumin seeds splatters, add chopped onion and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, saute till raw aroma disappears.
- Then add tomatoes, cook till it becomes soft.
- Add chilly powder and turmeric powder, saute, then add the puree we prepared out of spinach and green chilly .
- Cook for about 10 mins. Add water as needed, about 1/2 cup or more.
- Then add salt and garam masala powder.
- Finally add paneer cubes and cook until paneer becomes soft.
- Lastly add heavy cream, simmer for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with Roti's.