After I posted my Strict PCOD Diet Chart, some of my viewers asked for some recipes using flaxseeds. This will be the first post in this blog, using flaxseeds. As I said earlier, flaxseeds are rich in omega3 fatty acids. Hence, it is used as a home remedy for polycystic ovarian syndrome. Adding it to you regular diet helps in weight loss too.
This idli podi recipe is very easy to make. I usually make this powder. It is similar to how I make my regular idli powder. Simply, it is an addition of flaxseeds to regular idli powder procedure. It will be very tasty. It can be used as a side dish for idlis and dosas. Add little gingelly oil, if you wish. I would suggest you to make in a very minimum quantity first and try. It will taste better, if it is more fresh. Come let us see the recipe.
Flaxseed Idli Podi Recipe | Flaxseed Powder for Idli
|Prep Time:||Cooking Time:|
|Svg Size: |
5 for 5
Calories per Serving:
20 to 30
|Posted By: |
- 2 tblspn flaxseeds
- 1 tblspn black urid dhal
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 or 2 red chillies
- 1 garlic pod, chopped
- handful of curry leaves
- a pinch of asafoetida
- small piece of tamarind
- salt, as required
- Heat a pan. Add curry leaves, red chillies and garlic pod. Roast it on medium heat till the curry leaves become crispy. After that, transfer it to a plate.
- Now its time to add black urid dhal. Roast it till you get a nice aroma. After it gets roasted, add sesame seeds and flaxseeds. Roast them till they get heated.
- Add asafoetida. Saute once or twice and transfer this to the plate. Cool them down.
- After they get cooled, transfer to a blender. Powder them to a coarse powder (regular idli podi)
- Finally add salt. Tear the small tamarind piece and add it. Adding tamarind piece enhances the taste. Grind it once again. The powder is ready.
- Cool down the powder and collect it in an air tight container. You can preserve it.
It can be served with hot steaming idlis. Adding gingelly oil, makes it taste better. It is really a healthy way to include flaxseeds.