- May is the month of Mary. May 13th was the 100th anniversary of the first apparition of Our Lady of Fatima. Here are a couple of photos of the Fatima festivities in our diocese, including the pilgrim statue of Our Lady of Fatima, which visited our diocese this past month.
2. Mother’s Day is a difficult day for me for many reasons, some of which include the fact that my beloved Mother passed on to the next life many years ago as did my dear mother-in-law. Also, I have no biological children of my own nor was I able to adopt. However, I am a spiritual mother and pray daily for my spiritual children. I also pray for the blessing that my mother and mother-in-law were to me in this life. Both loved me dearly and formed me into the person I am today. For this, I am so grateful to God and thank Him for them. This year, my dear husband made this a memorable one by performing many loving actions — fixing breakfast, doing the dishes, and performing other chores that I normally do. We also visited Botanica and went for a long walk in the park. Here are some of my beautiful flowers:
3. While walking in the park, we met Zelda, a five-month-old German Shepherd, whose owners allowed me to help train her. I told her to “sit” and then gave her a treat. She was obedient, friendly, and full of energy. I have always liked German Shepherds, due to their sweet temperament. They tend to be loyal, obedient, intelligent, and very loving.
4. What have I been reading this past week?
St. Teresa of Avila by F.A. Forbes, which is well-written and a quick, easy read and Rightfully Ours by Carolyn Astfalk, which I am really enjoying and will be reviewing later.
5. Need some tips on converting family and friends? Read my article Fifteen Ways to Evangelize during the Fatima Centenary.
6. Saturday is the feast of St. Bernadine of Siena: “Apostle of Italy.”
7. The book is out! I am so excited! It is now available to order on Tan Books or on Amazon or at your local Catholic bookstore.
Have a wonderful weekend!
For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Ain’t the Lyceum.
~ Photos copyright Jean M. Heimann 2017.
The post 7 QT: Mary, Mother’s Day, and More appeared first on Jean M. Heimann.