As I sit here and think about running my business and planning out my 2017 which may or may not include a relaunch of my Youtube Channel, more focus on booking speaking engagements and who knows what else I wanted to share with you some tips I have learned after interviewing different Boss Babes for my Fit, Fierce and Fabulous series. Each one of the wonderfully inspiring ladies I interviewed gave some informative insight as to how they kick ass but one thing is for sure they all used these tips and tricks to surpass their competition and stay sane!
I hope that after reading these tips you feel inspired, start adding in some new habits to grow and will pick up some books to read. Honestly, the best tip I can give to anyone aspiring to be an entrepreneur is be open to learning from the best, take advice from people who are where you want to be. Listen to what failed for them so you don’t waste time making the same mistakes! I also want you to think about who you follow for a minute, are they living the dream and just sharing that or are they really living your dream..that is a deep thought question and one that took me awhile to make a realization that a lot of the people you see online are literally faking it till they make it. There is nothing wrong with that, we all start somewhere but be wary of the get rich quick schemes, building a business takes time, building solid relationships and lots of hard work behind the scenes. Here are some habits you can start to implement into your lifestyle to make those improvements!
10 Habits of Successful Boss Babes
- Always Be Learning: You can’t expect someone to hire you and chime into your expertise if you don’t invest in yourself. Learn what your strengths are and learn what your weaknesses are, make a list and once you determine where you need some help either hire a coach, read some books or take a course. Your friends are all experts in something, sit down and ask them for help! I have a lot of fashion blogger friends who helped me understand my camera better for shoots, my closest friend is a marketing genius so I am always bouncing ideas off of her. Use your resources, visit the library and get some books and spend some time everyday doing research. Check out my Ultimate List of MUST reads for Any BOSS babe, this is some not all of my favorite books, part two is coming soon promise!
- Learn Your Lessons: Instead of doing the same thing over and over again why not try something new. It is always a GOOD idea to get uncomfortable sometimes, I am always trying new things and learning from my mistakes. It is TOTALLY a-ok to fail! I was never a tracker, I always thought to myself I would remember the failure but I would end up making the same mistakes over and over again. Now I take some kind of notes during projects and measure if things are working or not, this makes it clear to me where I need to focus and where I need to shy away from. I have friends who keep spreadsheets of every detail whereas I like to journal through with pen and paper, messy..I know but it works for me!
- Be An Early Riser: Longer days means more time to make shifts happen. If you find yourself in a rut everyday without enough time, see if going to bed a bit earlier and waking up at the crack of dawn to work before emails and social media chimes in would help. Every month I go through my to do lists and see where I wasted time, where I could improve with my time management and see if waking up before I can think straight would help me make more daring choices. I follow Joe Duncan, Before 5 AM on instagram and it inspires me to wake up every morning as early as I possibly can. I like to work for about an hour and get rid of the things I don’t want to do before I am awake enough to talk myself out of it. I celebrate with a cold brew coffee and my favorite meal of the day and go on about my day.
- Meditate: Meditation is one of the major things you can add to your life and see huge changes in how you solve problems, deal with headaches and even the choices you make overall. Stop, drop and MEDITATE! There are many forms of meditation, my favorite is mindfulness because it has totally shifted the way I think, live and even the way I EAT! Do you meditate? I am thinking of bringing in an expert meditator soon!
- Batch Distraction Tasks Into Segments: Emails and social media are total distractions. They need to be done in order to grow and are essential for any business but do you really need to be spending half of your work day answering emails and posting on social? HECK NO! Unless that is your job, then that is a completely different story! For myself I do these tasks twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I set my 15 minute timer and go for it! I can easily get lost down an instagram funnel or on someone’s blog but if I have that timer ticking I prioritize and get what really needs to get completed DONE!
- Delegate: Have a task that is literally just BUSY work? Sometimes the best use of your time is not sitting and making graphics, posting on pinterest and answering FAQ emails so you should delegate and outsource these tasks. There is NOTHING wrong, and something I have been slowly working on, with outsourcing this type of work. The people you serve want to learn quality information from you, they want you to show up and be your best self and they want the BEST out of you and the only way you are going to be able to provide this for them is if you delegate the small stuff and focus on the bigger picture. I use websites like upwork.com and fivver.com to get small tasks done.
- Move: As you all know, I am the BIGGEST believer in MOVEMENT, it really is MAGIC and I want you to know it is SO important! Find your flow and make that magic happen! For inspiration check out this article and this one.
- Mastermind: For awhile there I was apart of one too many but masterminds can be the most influential and beneficial thing you do for yourself and your business. Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich” explains how a mastermind alliance can be your road map to riches. You know all those crazy cool ideas that spark in your mind and than disappear with no action taken? Imagine having a group of people you can use to bounce these ideas off of, to ask questions to, offer support and to validate those ideas..this is all possible through a mastermind. I try to attend a local one here in Las Vegas called MASH and mastermind with my internet bestie Annie as often as I can too. Find that group of people and set a meeting place to make those shifts happen! It might be the game changer you need to excel!
- Use Tools: Tools like hootsuite, tweetjukebox, mailchimp, canva and picmonkey have completely changed the game for me. I used to spend hours trying to figure out photoshop and now I can literally create images like my title one in canva in minutes. Instead of individually emailing everyone on my list, I automate my messages so I can reach more people using mailchimp and tweetjukebox has been a total game changer! I love this tool because I can promote all of my old blog posts that my followers may have missed and share inspiring quotes without having to login and come up with new content every few hours. Automating some of my social media and scheduling out my posts has saved me time, aggravation and left me with more time to serve and share which is what I love to do. Stop wasting time on tasks when you have all of these tools available to you for free.
- Have Faith: Not everyday is unicorns and fairies, a lot of days you are going to want to give up especially at first. Make note of those small wins, celebrate completion of projects and practice a self-care Sunday every week. Believe that you can do it, whenever I want to give up and throw in the towel I go back in time and see all of the things I have done in my career, all of the projects I created, the speaking engagements I did and all of the people I have impacted. Make note of all of your wins so when times of discouragement occur you can reflect!
SO I wanna know..
- What are you struggling with right now in your business?
- Do you read? What are your favorite books? I love a good business tip book!
The post 10 Daily Habits of Successful Boss Babes appeared first on Courtney Bentley Fitness.