I'm a little later than usual with this post, but here we are with a few photos from my Instagram during last month. Why share them on my blog, as well? Well, the algorithm is not my friend and those of you that do follow me probably miss several of my posts because of it. I know I miss yours and it drives me crazy. I own this little space on the internet and a little cross promotion never hurts anyone.
I think the algorithm and the follow/unfollow (annoying!) is what is killing Instagram, at least it is for me. I also find that I lose more followers the more active I am, which honestly boggles my mind. Should I just not open my account for a month and see if my account actually grows (LOL, but don't think I haven't thought about it more than once!)?! In reality, I throw out likes and comments like confetti so if you're interested in supporting each other, I'm totally game. I don't want to be just a number and I don't want you to be either. Just find me, @wendybanner!
2. Independence Day OOTD.
3. Cute little notebooks found at Dollarama of all places!
4. Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Skincare.
5. July 12th - my birthday!
6. I would love to start one of these little libraries one day. I absolutely love the idea!
8. The day before my birthday, I had an epic self care session and it was EVERYTHING.
9. Kosmea Rose Hip Oil skincare.
10. Lip Smacker Tsum Tsum lip balms are the cutest.
11. Grabbed my birthday freebie at Sephora. Post coming soon! Which freebie did you choose?
12. Amazon Prime Day beauty haul.
You're probably tired of me grunting about Instagram and that's fine. It just sucks when it had everything going for it, was definitely my favorite social media site, and then it just feels like everything right and good about it changed. Thanks, Facebook. I also like for you guys to know that you're not alone if you're not seeing growth, your reach isn't what it once was, seeing all of the accounts that you can tell are chronic follower/unfollowers, hashtags feeling pointless, missing posts and dreaming of chronological order coming back...I'm right there with you. And for the record, I don't get tired of hearing any of you complain about it. It's a lot of work to put in and we're not getting much return right now. It's absolutely okay to be frustrated!