Writing articles for magazine and newspaper Publications can send your brand exposure through the roof. There are many stories of small businesses rapidly growing as a result of one simple article in a major publication.
Here are the important things you should do if you want your content published:
- Make sure it doesn’t sound like advertorial
- Find out the preferred word count
- Provide photos, charts or other imagery where possible
- Find out the deadline and always give the publication plenty of time to suggest changes
- Get a fresh set of eyes to proofread your content before submitting it
- Take the time to make connections with the people running the publications.
Contact them and arrange to talk with them if you can. Of course, tell them about your Personal training business but ask more questions and listen more than you speak. If you find they are looking for specific information on a particular topic, give them what they are looking for. Publications are time poor, so the easier you make it for them to do their jobs, the more likely they will be receptive to your information. Publications are doing their best to provide editorial material that is interesting and engaging for their readers.