Boiled potatoes are a staple in my weekly meal plans because, they are good to, A) eat by themselves, B) chop up at short notice to make delicious gravies and, C) leftover Boiled Potatoes mixed with lurking veggies in the fridge make awesome fritters! This quick recipe comes together under half an hour, is quick to assemble and tastes awesome with rice, flat bread or, by itself topped with some coconut yogurt.
- Boiled Potatoes – 4, medium sized
- Canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed – 1 can
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Ginger Root, minced – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato Paste – 2 tablespoons
- Red Paprika – 1 to 2 teaspoons (depending on desired heat)
- Salt, to taste
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Add the oil into a wok set on medium heat.
- Tip the cumin seeds and cook until aromatic and golden.
- Mix in the asafoetida, minced ginger and turmeric powder.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until the raw smell evaporates.
- In the meanwhile, cube the boiled potatoes and add into the tomato gravy.
- Stir in the chickpeas too.
- Season with paprika and salt.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until gravy thickens to desired consistency.
Eat up warm. Happy cooking !