Oh yes we did. Three words! Vegan Cob Loaf... or as I like to call it, "Creamy, delicious, cheesy, oozy, spinachy, dip in a bread hole". It is AH-MAZING! The perfect recipe for parties, lunches, Christmas or any gathering that requires you to bring something. Try it for yourself... I guarantee you will love it!
3 cups plant milk (such as Vitasoy Regular)
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
200g baby spinach
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper
large cob loaf
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a Baking Tray with baking paper.
- Slice off top of cob loaf and place on tray.
- Pull out inside of bread loaf in large chunks and place in a single layer on baking tray. Don't pull too close to the edge.
- Place the loaf on the baking tray with the Bread Chunks and bake in the oven until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In the meantime, make the Creamy Spinach dip.
- In a pot on medium to high heat, add the margarine, onion and garlic.
- Sauté until the margarine has melted and the onion is transparent.
- Add in the spinach and stir until coated.
- Mix the corn flour with a dash of soy milk and stir until it forms a paste. Set aside.
- Add the soymilk, lemon juice and salt and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the corn flour paste and whisk until combined.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk for a few more minutes or so until the dip has thickened. Be careful not to let the dip burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Take off the heat and cool. (The dip will thicken even more when cooled)
- Pour the dip into the loaf.
- Serve warm with the crispy bread chunks. Enjoy!